Chris Cafery Randall V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Cafery Randall V2

I saw Chris Caffery of Savatage/ TSO on Sat in St Paul MN. He played a 30 min solo set then played lead for Doro Pesch of the 80's band warlock. He is a great soloist and player. He was playing thru a Randall V2 into Randal XL cabs. He played A RR5 , Les Paul Custom and a Dean Cadillac. I thought his tone was great in both bands. Does anyone know anything about these amps? I also recommed going to see Chris with Doro it is a great show in my opinion.

MR Hiwatt
    Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
    RR1 Black
    RR1 Blue ghost flames
    Stealth EX
    Hamer Studio
    Boss pedals,TC, HBE

I got to see Chris play in Allentown, and have to agree completely with everything you have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ihocky2 View Post
      I got to see Chris play in Allentown, and have to agree completely with everything you have to say.
      Me too! Was an awesome show... Doro is WAY hot!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

What did you guys think of VainGlory? My friend is the rhythm guitar player for the band.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I'm teching for Chris on this run... the Randalls are good but quirky... alot of his tone is in his hands/pedals...
          Chillin' in Vegas tonight on the way to LA

Comment

I opened for Spread Eagle last fall, the Randalls sounded lifeless to me, the sound he gets is in the hands as said.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I only saw 15 minutes of Vain Glory but I liked them. Will have to check them out.

Mr Hiwatt
              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
              RR1 Black
              RR1 Blue ghost flames
              Stealth EX
              Hamer Studio
              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I guess I missed them? I got there to see Necromance, Chris, then Doro... was VG the first band or something?
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                  I'm teching for Chris on this run... the Randalls are good but quirky... alot of his tone is in his hands/pedals...
                  Chillin' in Vegas tonight on the way to LA
                  He had some GREAT tone that night... even the band before Chris had some good tone, I believe they were using his Randalls too? Shame I didnt know you were teching for him or Id have stopped to say hi.

I did get Chris to sign a Rhoads pickguard tho! I felt bad because he had to piss REALLY bad right after Doro was done the 18th encore, and I caught him right as he was on his way to take a leak. Next time you see him if you remember, tell him Im sorry!
                  Last edited by RobRR; 06-20-2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Chris told me he was using Line 6 gear for all the TSO shows. Is this new for him using Randall? Great player and hell of a nice guy.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Chris best tone IMO..was when he played Chriss Oliva's Marshall 2210..maybe he wanted to retire it.

who can blame him..should have hunted another one down!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Rob - That would have been cool... no worries
                        Mike - They switched him over to the Randalls and a Randall iso box in TSO 2006... before that it WAS all Line 6
                        Horns - the tone he gets is pretty close no matter what amp he plays - uses the amp for a basic crunch, and the pedals are the rest of the tone. I have heard a VERY similar tone through his Peavey JSX, as well as a Marshall and the Randall. Criss used the Marshall and a Laney back in the day - as far as I know - Chris has the entire Laney set up as well...

Comment

I especially liked Chris' Boss TU2 "Talent" pedal! I got a kick out of that when I noticed it.

Actually I didnt expect him to be playing his own stuff... At first my buddy said Chris C is playing, so fuckin a'! Then the day of he tells me hes just playing for Doro and not his solo shit, I was bummed and almost didnt go. But when he came out on stage with his band it fucking rocked, all I needed to hear was Pisses Me Off... once he started that my night was complete!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                            I especially liked Chris' Boss TU2 "Talent" pedal! I got a kick out of that when I noticed it.

Actually I didnt expect him to be playing his own stuff... At first my buddy said Chris C is playing, so fuckin a'! Then the day of he tells me hes just playing for Doro and not his solo shit, I was bummed and almost didnt go. But when he came out on stage with his band it fucking rocked, all I needed to hear was Pisses Me Off... once he started that my night was complete!

It's killin' me, it's killin' me, it's killin' me ...
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Waniac .."Horns - the tone he gets is pretty close no matter what amp he plays - uses the amp for a basic crunch, and the pedals are the rest of the tone. I have heard a VERY similar tone through his Peavey JSX, as well as a Marshall and the Randall. Criss used the Marshall and a Laney back in the day - as far as I know - Chris has the entire Laney set up as well..."

That goes for alot of players including ourselves..ever notice whatever gear we use..we always sound like ourselves..I sure do and so does C-John.

That prooves 50% or more of your tone is in your head and your hands..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X