• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so guys, how about some more reviews??
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
      Schenker has had PLENTY of bad moments over the last decade. When I saw him perform at the same show with Lynch during NAMM he was okay, nothing special. There was no fire to his playing. A guy on another forum I visit said he just saw Schenker and he definitely wasn't playing his best.
      Well at least you got to see him - last 2 shows I had tickets for (separate tours) he failed to turn up.

Hope he sorts himself out, the man's a genius but he's gonna lose a lot of fans if he carries on the way he has been.

Comment

Yes, I've had a few Schenker tickets that have gone unused over the years, I kind of expect there won't be a show each time I buy one. I did, however, get to see him last year in Wolverhampton. I was fully expecting not to be that impressed, especially after years of listening to bands with high gain shredders...how wrong I was! The whole way through the show I was torn between watching Schenker and exchanging stupid, awestruck grins with my mates...
        Last edited by SEAN RAF; 07-01-2007, 03:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

From Blabbermouth:

San Francisco-based guitar virtuoso Doug Doppler, who was selected to open MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's most recent North American tour, has posted the following message on his web site:

"After 11 amazing shows I regret to inform you that the MICHAEL SCHENKER tour has come to a premature end for reasons beyond our control. Michael, his band and his crew treated us like royalty, and we look forward to the possibility of touring together again.

"For all of you who came to the shows — MANY thanks. For those of you in the cities we had yet to play, I am sorely disappointed that the tour did not reach you. I am hoping to be back out on the road in the spring of 2008. In the meantime I will be doing a series of Ibanez clinic tours, the first of which will be in New Zealand and Australia in August."

Michael Schenker posted a message on his web site over the weekend that, despite rumors to the contrary, the band's current U.S. tour has not been called off and will continue as planned.

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's current touring lineup is as follows:

Michael Schenker (guitar)
          Wayne Findlay (guitar, keyboards)
          Jari Tiura (vocals)
          Bodo Schopf (drums)
          Frank Rummler (bass)

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP released "Tales of Rock 'n' Roll", a special CD to celebrate the band's 25-year anniversary, on August 1, 2006 via Locomotive Records. The CD contains Michael Schenker's signature riffage on new cuts featuring an all-star assembly of singers who have recorded with Schenker over the past quarter-century: Graham Bonnet, Gary Barden, Robin McAuley, Kelly Keeling, Leif Sundin, Chris Logan and Michael's most recent vocalist, Jari Tiura. UFO's Pete Way chips in with bass for this special occasion and RACER X vocalist Jeff Martin is behind the kit.
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Man,
            i missed it. I live not to far from costa mesa. How do you guys hear about shows like this?

Comment

Maybe lynch wasn`t warmed up enough
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I saw Schenker a few weeks ago.... check it out I got him to sign my Schenker V!

Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

well at least he's looking better these days.

still chafes me to see him playing those godawful Deans though...
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I am clad GL still has it if he just gets into it

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                      Took a drive from Phoenix and Saw lynch/Schenker this weekend at Galaxey Theater in Costa Mesa California. I have to say, I went into Lynch with open ears as a few people around here had been Bashing Lynch, saying he has lost it recently.
                      For the first few songs, I had to agree. He was sloppy, Missing notes, and just not the GL I remember. I wanted to leave.....
                      Then about 1/3 of the way thru the set, somthing happened. He started enjoying himself. Getting into it. He started getting into the rockstar pose (legs spread wide) and He just started Ripping...... I was florred. How could he turn this trainwreck around??
                      Maybe the drugs started kicking in?

Comment

Working...
                      X