• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i just saw aerosmith

well yea they played great and i was about 20 metres from the stage
    i would say that standing for 11 hours in the rain was worth it
    anyone else here see them?

chris
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

I'll be seeing them at 5th July.... can't wait
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

they put on a hell of a show
      and i saw some new guys aswell a guy called micki free particualry stuck out for me he sounded like hendrix with more practice time and a modern marshall tone

Comment

So Tyler's voice must be back to normal. WHen I went to see them last fall with the CRUE, Tyler barely sang, and they just did endless blues jams all night. BORING!!!! Thankfully, Motley played extremely well to help make up for it. I was let down, cuz a few years earlier, they sounded like a stereo system and blasted out song after song.

Comment

I have seen them on VH1 a couple times and both times they had the backup vocals piped in. I would go see them if they ever came around here...

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
            they sounded like a stereo system and blasted out song after song.
            That's called playback j/k
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I have seem Aerosmith 8+ times and they never dissapoint....the last time was as the Beacon Theatre for an American express event and they played a lot of obscure stuff and just kicked ass...

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                So Tyler's voice must be back to normal. WHen I went to see them last fall with the CRUE, Tyler barely sang, and they just did endless blues jams all night. BORING!!!! Thankfully, Motley played extremely well to help make up for it. I was let down, cuz a few years earlier, they sounded like a stereo system and blasted out song after song.
                Wow, I saw them too last fall and Steven sang his brains out. They did the one jam song but the rest were classics with great vocals. I thought crue sounded horrible. They were just a loud jumble of mud. It took me a few seconds to figure out which songs they were playing. I dunno, it was an outdoor venue (Jones Beach) so maybe they had to turn it up extra loud. I will be seeing them (Aerosmith) again this September with Joan Jett, Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
                  I have seem Aerosmith 8+ times and they never dissapoint....the last time was as the Beacon Theatre for an American express event and they played a lot of obscure stuff and just kicked ass...
                  Blast!!! A customer mentioned that event to me after the fact and I was so Jealous. Was that a private show for amex vips?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                    Blast!!! A customer mentioned that event to me after the fact and I was so Jealous. Was that a private show for amex vips?

Now that I am thinng about it...it was just open to Citibank Advantage card holders...I was surprised to get tickets myself...there were different artists for different parts of the U.S....it was luck that i got to see Aerosmith over Dave Matthews...

Comment

I liked Aerosmith a lot better before they "found" the horn section. Always good though. LOTS of piped in vocals though - either that or ST has an amzing ability to divide his voice 4 ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
                        Now that I am thinng about it...it was just open to Citibank Advantage card holders...I was surprised to get tickets myself...there were different artists for different parts of the U.S....it was luck that i got to see Aerosmith over Dave Matthews...

Damn, Ive got one of those cards. I guess thats what I get for signing up for paperless statements. Now, when you guys mention piped in voices, do you mean at a live show or during recording? Because, Ive got to say that there werent any piped in voices at the show I saw last year. ST sang his heart out hitting all the high note stuff and holding out all the long high notes too. I wouldnt say that it sounded exactly like the record either. I can appreciate how a live show sounds different with improvs and slightly changed vocals here and there. ST is a huge personality on stage and kind of takes control of every song adding his own vocal stuff here and there. The only vocals I heard that night came from ST or JP. I cant wait to see them again this year.

Comment

when i saw them it was outside in a festival

Comment

This was outdoors too,,,at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. I saw Aerosmith three times in my life, all outdoors. The first two times, they were totally awesome, so it was a shocker last fall. Everyone around was complaining on the way to the parking lot. I know Tyler just came off of some vocal problems, and I really wish they would have just cancelled the show instead of going up there and wasting everyone's time for two hours. I mean, it was BAD. They would start a song, maybe do a verse and chorus, and just go off into jam band land for the next 10 minutes. It was obvious they were saving Tyler's voice that night, and without him in full swing,,,,,,,,well, the respectable thing would be to cancel. But they took our money anyway....not cool. Especially when we had to drive six hours one way to attend this concert!

Comment

Heh, got my tickets this morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X