Metallica at Werchter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica at Werchter

Best show of my life so far, I've seen 'em like 12 times now and this was BY FAR the best show of them or any other band I've ever been to.

Wake up at 6 am. Got to the festival grounds at 9 am, gates opened at 11 am. Ran for my life and got to the center of the rail and stood there for the rest of the day.

Mastodon was good, but the real surprise was Incubus, they were great!!!

Then at 9pm METALLICAAAAAAAAA. The sound was perfect and they were playing tight as friggin' hell.

I'm black and blue all over and probably have a bruised rib, but who cares! Setlist was insane.

And Justice For All, Orion and Whiplaaaaaaash!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

how was the new Incubus bass player? I know he played guitar for The Roots...
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Did Metallica jam out any new tunes?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        how was the new Incubus bass player? I know he played guitar for The Roots...
        He was phenominal. Awesome you say this, Endrik, because he was the one I was looking at the most, his playing was tasty and you could see it was all effortless, dude has TALENT!

I didn't know he was a new bassist, he looked like he'd been in the band forever. He was jamming out, grooving and dancing the whole way through. I was doing some dancing to his bassline in this one song and he looked at me and started copying my move, it was hilarious we were both laughing our asses off to that

No new tunes, all 80's stuff and the three must-play songs from TBA.

Comment

sounds cool, the reason I'm asking this is because their original player was a monster jazz/fusion/funk bassist whos parts are not easy to play and I've heard the new guy has a different playing style so I'm kind of curious how the band sounds with him.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yes id imagine it was a blast ,have been 2 times and both of them were my favorte live exeriaences especially the last time ) last year master of puppets tour). Also they have gotten better in 2004 they were not very good but now they rock again.

Comment

I heard their setlist is great. "The Memory Remains", 3-4 songs from the Black album and the rest from the older CDs!

Too bad I'm not into Metallica anymore .

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                Got to the festival grounds at 9 am,
                Then at 9pm METALLICAAAAAAAAA.
                12 hrs
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                  Wake up at 6 am. Got to the festival grounds at 9 am, gates opened at 11 am. Ran for my life and got to the center of the rail and stood there for the rest of the day.
                  Dude, where did you pee?? :ROTF:

But seriously, I would love to see them do Orion live. That's one of my favorite instrumental pieces EVER.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                    Dude, where did you pee?? :ROTF:
                    Do we wanna know?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've been front row every single time and I wasn't about to let that tradition go to waste this time around...Let me tell you though, it's AWESOME to see Hetfield knod at you because he recognizes you from other shows.

No peeing, I've got a huge blatter and have no problem holding it in if I have to. Just standing and getting crushed for 12hrs, see a relentless 2.5 hour setlist and then walk back 5 miles to the bus and another 4 miles to my student room in the city.

I actually had to crawl onto the bus and to a free seat because both my legs were cramping up really badly. It was hard not to scream in pain, but damnit I'm not gonna scream like a sissy on a full bus. Once in the city the way back to my little apartment was nothing short of excruciating
                      Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 07-06-2007, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Btw, I found my dreamgirl on youtube!

I'm in loveeeeeeeee........She even knows the friggin' solo!

Chicks from Antwerp rule so friggin' hard I'm guessing she's from Oostmalle from the accent.
                        Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 07-06-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

My favorite part of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPwQ2...elated&search=

Comment

Metallica are still around? I thought Lars became an art dealer.
                            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

they look bored in that youtube clip.....they basically just stand there (though i didn't watch the whole thing). and that bass player looks like an idiot. i TRIED to watch a part of their performance at that stupid earth day thing on MSN, but that guy was hopping around like a bunny rabbit - it totally ruined it for me.

i WANT to still metallica, but i just can't.....

glad you had a great time at the show though....
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X