The Kinks guitar sound - what gear???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kinks guitar sound - what gear???

Does anyone know what gear they used for the song All Day And All Of The Night?

To me it's the truest rock guitar sound, it's the most brutal and the rawest rock tone ever.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

I seem to remember something about him using Vox AC30s with slashed speaker cones. As for guitar, no fucking idea.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

didn't they play Rickenbacker guitars?
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Both Rat & Dave used AC30 Ray had a tele And Dave used either a Guild starfire 2 or an original Flying V.

Comment

thanks guys
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I remember Dave playing a 3 pickup Les Paul Custom in some live vids. Don't know if that's what they used on this track. But that's the guitar I think of when I think of him...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

That was a Les Paul Artistan from the late 70's what he's asking about is in the early mid 60's their 2nd hit.

Comment

Working...
              X