Randy Spotlight Solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Spotlight Solo?

I was listening to this track that someone has uploaded on a Randy Rhoads MySpace which is a spotlight solo. I've only heard two Randy spotlight solo's... the most obvious one being the extended Suicide Soloution live song and another one I heard from an early QR bootleg. This one though, I've never heard before but I'm not sure if it's Randy or maybe Carlos Cavarso... what do you guy's think (or know):

sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    I was listening to this track that someone has uploaded on a Randy Rhoads MySpace which is a spotlight solo. I've only heard two Randy spotlight solo's... the most obvious one being the extended Suicide Soloution live song and another one I heard from an early QR bootleg. This one though, I've never heard before but I'm not sure if it's Randy or maybe Carlos Cavarso... what do you guy's think (or know):

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=199665478
    That might be someone who was influenced by Rhoads but it isn't Randy. Maybe something with the new guitarist as I believe Carlos left QR didn't he?
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

That is Brad Gillis.

Comment

Brad Gillis is an awsome guitarist for sure!! Very underated. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          That is Brad Gillis.
          WOW, I've always liked Brad but certainly wouldn't have guessed that this was him. Do you know when it's from?
          sigpic
          And on the 8th day,
          God kicked back with a beer,
          And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
            WOW, I've always liked Brad but certainly wouldn't have guessed that this was him. Do you know when it's from?

Yeah it's Brad Gillis. I think it's from Ozzy concert that was on MTV years ago. I think it was the Diary Of A Madman tour.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
              Yeah it's Brad Gillis. I think it's from Ozzy concert that was on MTV years ago. I think it was the Diary Of A Madman tour.
              "Bats Head soup" was what one of the names it was released as,,,and yes it was from the Diary tour.
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

All I see is Paranoid, "Quite Riot", and Dee

EDIT* Yep, it's the one that says "Quite Riot" and I agree, I think it is from the Dairy tour.
                Last edited by OnlineStageGear; 07-10-2007, 11:33 AM.

Comment

As soon as you hear the warbble you know its Brad.

Comment

Brad is a great player, he has a studio in the Concord, California area.
                    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                      Brad is a great player, he has a studio in the Concord, California area.

Brad was easily the cooler of the two Night Ranger guitarists. I met Jeff(?) in Livermore at a "Hamer fest" years ago and he was a jackass. I think the bleech had rotted his brains
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

A lot of the vid doesn't match the sound but here's a tribute on YT that includes the Suicide Solution live spotlight solo.

Here is a quick Randy Rhoads Tribute Video I did for the 25th Ani. of his passing!\SONGS:-"Diary of a Madman" Intro to the Diary of a Madman Tour Shows (LIVE...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have the Diary live DVD and some of the licks in this particular version are different. I think there are a number of good board recordings of the Diary tour with Brad floating around.

Comment

Working...
                          X