No announcement yet.

About the song "The Final Countdown"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe is a great band, but that song is absolutely terrible, I had to turn on some Bulletboys to clean my ears. lol
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

YIKES!!! that is saying a lot because the bullet boys SUCK!!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I personally Enjoy a good Bulletboys song, the Freakshow and Za-Za albums were way better than the debut
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          YIKES!!! that is saying a lot because the bullet boys SUCK!!!!
          Wha?!?! How can you go wrong when a Discount David Lee Roth is paired with a Blue Light Special Slash?!?

Comment

Damn, that cover is hilarious! I love where the soundman comes up to adjust something on the guitarists amp...like it was gonna make a difference! Are the guitarist and bassist Siamese twins? These guys rule

Europe should have used the Casio keyboard sound for that tune...it rocks :ROTF:

Comment

I despised that song when it came out and I hate it even more today.

Maybe if the guy sounded like a guy...

And what is it with Europeans and keyboards in Metal? A nice piano is okay, but this Pop Synth stuff ruins everything. MSG's first one is great, if you can get past the Carribean drums of Cry For The Nations (as well as the disco beat) and the other synth-cheese.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                And what is it with Europeans and keyboards in Metal?
                well because it's Europe duh
                European rock/metal is different than American except for 60's and 70's British classic rock wich was cool.... the rest of the stuff "tries" to incorporate classical music elements and whatnot (instead of blues) but most of the time the results are cheesy... no groove... everyting is based on static beat... a lot of crappy keyboard sounds... predictable melodies and whatnot... I really don't like euro-metal

that being said the band Europe was cool Thin Lizzy-like hard rock durning their early years... in '86 they started to suck very very bad.
                Killer guitar players though... Norum and Marcello both rule...
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Norum and Marcello both rule
                  The only intelligent thing said so far in this thread

Comment

"The Final Countdown" is an embarrassment in its original form, too.

Comment

Here is a yet another. Skip over to 3:30 for less pain.
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        The band "Stone" did a killer spoof on the "Final Countdown" too - it was a riot!
                        I love it!!! great drumming on that version...

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                          "The Final Countdown" is an embarrassment in its original form, too.
                          At least it's better than Cherokee!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by J . View Post
                            I love it!!! great drumming on that version...
                            *sighs* I'm glad I wasn't ALONE in being the only person who knows about that... The drumming was the best part - totally off the beat, but killer playing all the same. The guitar "harmonies" were pretty funny too.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              And what is it with Europeans and keyboards in Metal?
                              Keyboards are best when it's in heavier European metal... like extreme symphonic black/death metal!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Several days ago I read this thread and made the mistake of listening to the youtube song. The damn keyboard riff just does not go away. At any rate I think the second group did it better, however I will give these guys credit. For whatever reason, perhaps the riff still echoing, I did a search on Europe the band and they are together and still playing. Good for them. Also the front page website www.europetheband.com is actually interesting albeit in a slightly spooky Pythonesque manner. I think it is the cover for their new record. You just cannot beat the intricacy of great lyrics -

"We're headn' for Venus.........cuz maybe they've seen us".
                                Good for them they still play....hopefully I'll never have to hear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X