Glenn Tipton: Baptizm Of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Tipton: Baptizm Of Fire

I never knew Glenn did a solo project until I came across Baptizm Of Fire at a store today. Pretty cool stuff. His cover of Paint it Black is great. I also think he has am awesome metal voice, which you would never expect Anyone else listen to this cd?

HA! I was just listening to Judas Priest for the first time (in a while) right now.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

I'm giving mine away...

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        I never knew Glenn did a solo project until I came across Baptizm Of Fire at a store today. Pretty cool stuff. His cover of Paint it Black is great. I also think he has am awesome metal voice, which you would never expect Anyone else listen to this cd?
        Got it!,.. he did that a little while ago if I remember. Definately a departure from Judas Priest, it seems to be more Nu-metal sounding than the classic J.P. stuff. Glenn Tipton is by far one of my biggest influences and one of the best classic heavy metal guitarist ever!
        Apparently there are a lot of guitarist that like the riff in "Paint it Black", Tipton wasn't the first "metal player" to cover it either!
        You should hear Guy Man Dude's cover of Paint it Black!! It's Shred City!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Yep, it is a good CD. I've had it for years. One of my favorites is Left for Dead (I think that is the title).
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            Yep, it is a good CD. I've had it for years. One of my favorites is Left for Dead (I think that is the title).
            One of my favorite cd's ever.Every song was awesome."Left for Dead" would have been a huge hit,if some big pop star would have put it out.

Comment

Got it when it came out back in '97/'96 - it was right after Halford left and before they got Ripper Owens.

Anyhoo, he's got a good voice, but that CD isn't in my regular rotation. I listened to it maybe once or twice.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

its a great CD, but a bit too heavy to be in regular rotation with me
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

I have it too but haven't listened to it in a while. Maybe I should dust it off and throw in the ole cd player.

Comment

Working...
                  X