Schenker issues statement regarding US tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schenker issues statement regarding US tour

Forgive me if this is a repost. I cant find it anywhere....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=76842
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Who knows what the real reason was. I did a little searching and came up with 2 rumors via the Y&T/Meniketti forum (I know, I know... ): first one is that his ex was hounding him like usual, and he just couldn't deal. Sounds kinda lame & it's probably BS, but you never know. I had heard before that he would never tour here again because he was in so much trouble over her. Second rumor is that his band got fed up & bailed on him. Sounds more plausible, and the source was a friend of Dave M himself, fwiw.

Comment

Well we spent some time partyiing with Pete Holmes a few yrs ago and he was drumming for Schenker at the time. At that point the rumor was that his wife had left him and while he was out of the country sold all of his assetts including his equipment. IIRC that was how the whole dean deal came to light. Dean offer to set him up because he has no money and he could get back on his feet.

He played a kick ass show that night too ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Treu to a point. That wiffe stuff (divorce and selling his gear) did happen. But it was his wife that sold the gear she swiped from him. Altho he did have some of his other V's and other guitars and a few amps left. The Dean deal happened cus Schenker started touring again and they wanted a classic rock guitar legend to play them. And since Dean is known for thie V's and ML shapes Schenker was a no brainer. As was his brother Rudy. So rthey both signed the endorsement contract. I heard from people that were at the show here in chiago just before it went on. When he cancelled it. They couldnt get Michael our of the hotel room. They had done a sound check and everything wa set. So Michael with time to kill goes back to his room and gets trashed illegadly on crack. So since they couldnt wake him ebough for him to perform they cancelled the show.
        Gil

Comment

Can you get trashed legally on crack in some places then?
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I think he was looking for "allegedly"

Comment

fuckin guy just self destructs every time now.

I purposely avoided buying a ticket for this tour for this very reason. I've been burned 2x by him cancelling tours in the past few years, no more for me.

it's sad that such a great talent lies in such a messed up head.

my favorite player in rock history and he's a fukkin basket case.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

His "ex" is a basket case.
                My wife was her assistant for almost a year when Michael lived here in Phoenix. The job had its perks, but it was not worth the BS that went on daily. She RAN from that job.
                Michael is no prize either. The man has a god complex like no other.
                The stories she would tell me were unbelievable at times.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  So he married my ex-wife?!? Poor sap.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Like there is only one insane woman on the planet. I believe that if anything there is only one SANE woman on the planet

Comment

What a shame MS is such an amazing player.
                      His ex must be a redhead.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        Like there is only one insane woman on the planet. I believe that if anything there is only one SANE woman on the planet
                        Good point!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

what a shame...I doubt he'll ever pull it together

Comment

A friend of mine got the lowdown on Schenker at NAMM a few years ago from Rev Jones and Amy Schugar. The man doesn't want to be helped and he's a nut.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              My wife was her assistant for almost a year when Michael lived here in Phoenix.
                              was this the first ex, Bella Piper, or the second ex, Linda?
                              it is Linda that is really reaming him now, from what I understand. I'm sure he deserves it too, but she sounds like an effin bitch.

both ended badly IIRC.

so can you please ante up with some of those stories my man? don't keep us in suspense. I've spent enough money on the guy over the last 30 years that I deserve to hear some of this shit.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X