Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Heard Of...

White Wolf?

I'd never heard of them before but a friend of mine is pretty pleased that they're re-issueing their two albums from '84 and '86 (I think), so I checked them out and I must admit, I think they're OK.

Their guitarist, Rick 'Check Out The Hair-do' Nelson, has what looks like a pretty nice 'unmarked' Charvel Star:

You can check some of their stuff out on their MySpace: www.myspace.com/whitewolfquotofficialquot
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM.
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Nope! But I've heard of steppenwolf...
    Sam

Comment

"Anyone heard of..." descriptive thread titles?

Seriously, the "bait titles" is getting old.

But on the subject, I think I've heard of White Wolf way back when. Or am I thinking the D&D-style game company?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Never heard of White Wolf but how about Leatherwolf and Wolfmother?

Comment

Originally posted by Sukisyn View Post
          yes, Leatherwolf! That's what I meant to say. not steppenwolf. I used to own Leatherwolf's 'Street ready' album. Memory fades...but didn't they used to sound like Dokken, Winger, etc.? Is that, what is called glam rock?
          Sam

Comment

Add another to the list of white animal bands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sukisyn View Post
              Well, I haven't heard anything by Leatherwolf (though I have heard of them), but I can't stand Wolfmother!
              sigpic
              And on the 8th day,
              God kicked back with a beer,
              And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Leatherwolf was not glam, they were a sick 3 guitar balls-out metal attack that was all up in your face. multiple vocal harmonies too.

their first s/t cd is much better than Street Ready.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
                  Well, I haven't heard anything by Leatherwolf (though I have heard of them), but I can't stand Wolfmother!
                  Not a big fan either, but "Woman" is kind of catchy.

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  Leatherwolf was not glam, they were a sick 3 guitar balls-out metal attack that was all up in your face. multiple vocal harmonies too.

their first s/t cd is much better than Street Ready.
                  Really? I've never heard their s/t album, but I LOVE Street Ready , so looks like I'll have to see if I can find this one.

Comment

Leatherwolf rocks. I have street ready and I downloaded a few other songs from the net.

Comment

Leatherwolf is awesome...I just found an old cassette the other day and popped it in. Great players and the song "The Calling" ruled!

Comment

I was under the impression White Wolf was a White Supremacist terrorist who blew up a gay pub in Soho.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                        X