New Behemoth and Nile Cds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Behemoth and Nile Cds

i got the new Behemoth cd The Apostasy and the new nile Cd, Ithyphallic yesterday. Both really good and i was wondering if any one else had picked them up.

Yeah, heard both of them already. And yes i plan to pick up both of them. Both are of the quality you can expect of those two bands.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

but none of them are really groundbreaking imho

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
        but none of them are really groundbreaking imho
        I second this... just a few days ago I listened to the Ithyphallic stream (http://www.mp3.com/artist/nile1/summ...=download;play), and I didn't found anything much different about it compared to Annihilation of the Wicked. And I didn't feel the need to listen to the stream again... if I feel like listening to Nile I'll probably just pop in my Annihilation CD.

The Behemoth record is a little more of a change, they use more things like choirs and samples. The track "Inner Sanctum" with Warrel Dane kicks ass.
        And Inferno's drumming is out of this world as usual.

But still I prefer Demigod over this one...

On another note, I bought the new Symphony X and THAT ONE kicks my ass... what an improvement, especially in the production!
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I got the latest Amon Amarth album. Its allright. Typical amon amarth, but a lil slower and heavier than their Once sent and avenger albums...
          Sam

Comment

Behemoth own period. Nothing groundbreaking on the new album but it's extremely solid and it's still Behemoth.

Comment

Yup - Symphony X's Paradise Lost is one of the best and most solid albums from them.

As for Nile ? I'll take "Amongst the Catacombs..." and "Black Seeds of Vengeance" over the last ones any day - just to hear the choir in the end of Black Seeds of Vengeance

The Behemoth record is a little more of a change, they use more things like choirs and samples. The track "Inner Sanctum" with Warrel Dane kicks ass.
              And Inferno's drumming is out of this world as usual.
              It's good , very good , liked Zos Kia and Demigod better tho.

I still prefer Deeds of Flesh and good'ole Suffo for Deathmetal :-)

Comment

Masturbating the War Gods, dudes.

How is the vocal recording on the new Behemoth compared to Demigod?

Comment

Sounds a little more "natural" than Demigod... maybe it contains less layers of vocals. Good performance definitely.

I also agree that both the new Behemoth and Nile do deliver the goods as much as you could hope and expect them to... it's just that I'm not really interested in acquiring more material in the same vein after already owning several albums of their back catalogues.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

ya i got the new symphony X cd like a week ago and it made me a fan. I saw them last night, they were great.

Comment

I'm going to pick up the new Behemoth and Symphony X this weekend. I will give the Nile a couple of listens to first though. I've heard from lots of folks that it's kinda boring, so I'd better give that stream a few spins first.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

New Behemoth kinda strikes me as they're trying to do the Nile thing half the time and then do the Nevermore styled thing another portion of the time. Some of the leads on the album sound like they're trying to mimick Jeff Loomis's style (especially on the song with Dane and the song immediately after or before that song).

Comment

Working...
                        X