Saw Def Leppard Tuesday night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Def Leppard Tuesday night!

Def Leppard came to town and the show was really one that I did not want to miss. Some bands sound so lame and lackluster after some 25 years but not these lads I assure you.

They naturally had the tunes down so tight. Phil is in such awesome bloody shape for a man pushing 50. Even my wife was blown away by his cut abs!

The tunes that really stand out were Mirror, Mirror and Hit n' Run. That High & Dry album smacks of AC/DC and this is obviously a Mutt factor and meant as a massive compliment. So tight and heavy with a groove!

Heartbreak started as an acoustic set and ended as an electric one like on the “In the Round” DVD. Switch 625 just gave me freaking goose bumps!

Phil played the old standby PC1's with a cream Tele as well as his infamous Crackle for a few tunes.

That dude is truly one of the most underrated guitarists period and honestly one of the most humble and polite human beings in the music business.

He is a great guitar player..but I would like to loan him a shirt

Comment

Glad to hear the show was good.
      For the first time ever, I'm passing on a DL concert this time around. Haven't missed a show since 1987.
      Between them having no new album and I hate the two other bands touring with them plus $65+ a pop for tickets, I just can't see doing it this time.

And I agree... Phil is greatly under rated. Viv kicks some ass too.
      I love it when they do their solo trade offs during Rocket. It sounds HUGE!
      -Rick

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it...and agree about PC being underrated.

Comment

How was Viv's playing?
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
          X