Poison - RATT 6/24/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison - RATT 6/24/07

Saw the show tonight at Jones Beach Theater (actually Nikon Theater, but us Long Islanders will always call it Jones Beach Theater.) Have to say it was a pretty damn good show. Worth the money I spent on 2 floor seats. First band, Vains of Jenna, was okay.....they didn't suck. I'd put them in a class with old LA Gunns, Faster Pussycat....etc. RATT was excellent for the first time seeing them since the 80's, I was happily surprised. Warren D sounded very good. Decent sound, great guitars. Played the crossed swords and a snakeskin (w/ matching headstock.) I saw his tech with a "kamakazi" I believe but I don't remember seeing it during the show.

Poison put on a show, what can I say. I've been hooked on Poison since they came out and I don't know why, and they didn't disapoint. They were fun to watch. They got the crowd into the show and the tunes were all good. Quite a few covers from the new album, but they sounded good. C.C. actually was very on tonight too. Played the songs the way they were supposed to, he pretty much nailed all the solos too. He looked and sounded great.

The best part of all this was that, originally I saw these bands 20+ years ago, and now here I was tonight with my 14 yr old son, (who by the way is a major 80's metal head) seeing the same things I saw back then. Who knew back then that I'd be here tonight with my teenage son. Priceless!

Here's a few shots that I took from the show. It was dark so quality is not the best.

Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Kick Ass!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Kin 'ell, did you get kidnapped by aliens on the way home and released a month later?
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

bwahaha! Typo strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
          Kin 'ell, did you get kidnapped by aliens on the way home and released a month later?
          No $h!t. I thought I had just missed this thread until now

Comment

I was also at the show last night...and agree with jrnic's review...I thought Warren sounded great...but Pearcy cant sing worth a damn...CC also played great but I felt that there was just too much treble in his tone...anyway way worth the money and Poison really seemed appreciative at the fan turnout...

Comment

Wow, Ratt with Poison opening up was my first concert 20 years ago this year. I doubt I'd ever think they'd be around this long...but I never did see em again. That was the best metal show I ever saw...til I saw Maiden 2 weeks later. Funny, cos I saw Maiden as recently as last year.

Good to see CC still liking the GMP.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

What kind of amps was poison using ampeg? Carvin? Looks like it says Poison to me.
                "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
                I just made that quote..

Comment

And the drummers both have double kick drum sets. Why?
                  "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
                  I just made that quote..

Comment

Originally posted by Jason slsh View Post
                    Because they are so metal!

Comment

What kind of amps was poison using ampeg? Carvin? Looks like it says Poison to me.
                      Crate.

Comment

Why not? Wouldn't you if you could?

It's just as much about the show as the music with guys from this era.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          Crate.
                          It's not Crate.. i see a g or q or p or sumthin that hangs low in the logo.
                          I just made that quote..

Comment

no disrespect, but C.C.'s been using Crate forever, bro.

and he Loves those GMP Vs...he's said how it pretty much "knows the notes" he'll play, before he plays them.

his white floyd-equipped Vs absolutely rule. i wish i saw more pics of those.

i wonder if he'll keep playing them till they all fall apart or ever endorse or switch to another kind of guitar.

Comment

Yeah, he has been playing forever! Since I was a kid. But is that really the new crate logo? googles, is that copyrighted yet? I see nothing like that.

Fanboy, whats wrong with playing something new
                              I just made that quote..

Comment

Working...
                              X