Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream Theater - Phoenix: Anyone else going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Theater - Phoenix: Anyone else going?

Who's gonna be there?
    Last edited by nor; 07-26-2007, 03:38 PM.
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Not in Phoenix, but I don't plan on catching them on this tour. IMO they're very boring to see live. They just play the CD verbatim and LaBrie misses the high notes. :yawn:
    Scott

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        IMO they're very boring to see live. They just play the CD verbatim...

Yeah, if they were any good they would improvise those synchronized keyboard/guitar runs!

Comment

lol...

Comment

Awesome show!! Almost none of the tunes you'd expect - no Pull Me Under, Take The Time, Caught in a Web, Overture. Not even Forsaken off the new disk. Everyone was firing on all cylinders - yes Spiv, even James. On some of the older tunes they changed the arrangements of the intros - cool shit.

Who else was there?

Comment

Glad to hear you liked it nor. I didn't mean to rain on your parade. It's just that the three times I saw them it was kind of boring. Yes I know they can play their instruments but they look bored up there. Them playing mostly stuff off of ToT doesn't help either

No Pull Me Under is very surprising. That's been their encore tune for years now. What did they play? I take it that it wasn't a standard two set DT show where the first set is all songs off the new album and the second set is a collection of older songs.

Perhaps moving to Roadrunner gave them some freedom as to what to play live?
              Scott

Comment

The reason it's not two sets is because this isn't an 'An Evening With Dream Theater' tour.

I'm gonna catch them in october in Antwerp. Symphony X and something else as the pre-show. Goddamn it's going to rock!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

How did you like Redemption?

Comment

I've seen twice before and will be going to the Cleveland show Aug. 11. Never ever thought they were boring, I think they are just so complex that some people just can't really understand it. I love Voices but they never did that one live on the previous two tours I saw them on. It would be nice if they did it this time. No Pull Me Under is very surprising. My whole band is going to see them and thats the one Dream Theater song we do cover, Damn it I hope they put it back in the set by then. What stuff did they do besides the new CD in Phoenix?

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

They've been pulling out Scarred! Which is my fav off of Awake (Voices is a very close second).

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Never ever thought they were boring, I think they are just so complex that some people just can't really understand it.
                        Oh, don't get me wrong, I love their albums (except for ToT and Octavarium). They do some complex stuff and luckily my music degree lets me fully understand what they're doing. They just put on a boring show. It was cool the first time seeing them, since I was in awe that they could pull all of the stuff they do on the CDs live. The next two times were increasingly boring. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
                        Scott

Comment

This certainly isn't CD verbatim.

John Petrucci performing In The Name Of God ending solo - Toronto 2004 Bootleg

Neither are all of the medleys this tour.

Comment

I've seen em three times now. Each time all I wanted to hear was Glass Prison!....maybe someday I will.

Comment

They played Cleveland last night. They smoked and once again showed why they are the best!

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X