Slayer/Marilyn Mason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no.

no one said anything if tim is staying and touring on guitar!

so, can't fault a guy for being curious!

now i know!

Comment

John has nothing to do with Manson nowadays....

There goes the one good reason to see them....

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
        From what I've read, it sounds like they're co-headlining and getting same amount of time on stage. Luckily Slayer goes on first, so now I have a reason to try and get tickets and call out of work.
        Slayer is going on first.

As for me, I got a couple floor tickets to the Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord, CA on August 23rd. Can't wait! I've been to a couple Slayer shows before and I loved them. I can't say I'm much of a fan of Manson's music though.

Comment

Opening night setlist:
          SLAYER

01. Flesh Storm
          02. War Ensemble
          03. Chemical Warfare
          04. Cult
          05. Threshold
          06. Disciple
          07. Payback
          08. Jihad
          09. Seasons In The Abyss
          10. South Of Heaven
          11. Raining Blood
          12. Mandatory Suicide
          13. Angel Of Death

MARILYN MANSON

01. Intro
          02. If I Was Your Vampire
          03. You And Me And The Devil Makes 3
          04. Disposable Teens
          05. Mobscene
          06. Irresponsible Hate Anthem
          07. Sweet Dreams/Lunchbox Medley
          08. Just A Car Crash Away
          09. Heart Shaped Glasses
          10. Rock Is Dead
          11. The Dope Show
          12. Putting Holes Into Happiness
          13. The Love Song
          14. The Fight Song
          15. The Beautiful People
          Found that on another site. As far as seeing Slayer in a small venue, I have to disagree. Saw them at the New Haven Colliseum in CT for the Diabolus tour. Maybe it was their FOH that night, but all you could hear was a loud ass rumble during the riffs, and ear piercing treble during the solos. I was deaf for about a week after that show, and didn't enjoy it much at all. The only way you could ID the songs they were playing was when Tom introduced them.
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I've seen Slayer twice and both times the pits weren't that crazy. I was expecting mad moshing but it wasn't that bad.

Comment

That Slayer set list blows

Lotsa new stuff, echhh
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have tickets to the Houston show on 8/31. Manson always puts on one hell of a show.

Comment

It's a decent setlist I would like more seasons in the abyss though...
                  Thanks For the set list. Any body got any other variations of it?
                  "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
                  I just made that quote..

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    That Slayer set list blows

Lotsa new stuff, echhh
                    +1

Hell, I may not even go now. WTF?!?!?
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I just got back. The opening band, Bleeding Through, sucked major balls. It sounded like the singer was trying to copy Randy Blythe, he failed. The guitars sounded like ass.

Slayer kicked fucking ass. The sound was great, Tom's voice was excellent, and they had the crowd pumped from the first note. I think they played about 13 or 14 songs. Enjoyed every note. Jeff switched back and forth between the Heineken and the Camo ESP's. Kerry played his white and black tribal B.C. Rich's.

I really didn't care for Manson. His vocal mix was all fucked up, you could not understand a fucking word. The guitar was too loud in the mix, not sure if that was good or bad. However, the guitarist switched between a white Gibson Firebird and I think a Cherry Gibson Firebird. Beautiful guitars. Manson only played 6 or 7 songs and the house lights came on. The Manson faithful were fucking pissed, to say the least. He didn't even play Beautiful People.

Anyway, Slayer was worth the 45 minute drive, even if it was hotter than hell.
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                        I just got back. The opening band, Bleeding Through, sucked major balls. It sounded like the singer was trying to copy Randy Blythe, he failed. The guitars sounded like ass.

Slayer kicked fucking ass. The sound was great, Tom's voice was excellent, and they had the crowd pumped from the first note. I think they played about 13 or 14 songs. Enjoyed every note. Jeff switched back and forth between the Heineken and the Camo ESP's. Kerry played his white and black tribal B.C. Rich's.

I really didn't care for Manson. His vocal mix was all fucked up, you could not understand a fucking word. The guitar was too loud in the mix, not sure if that was good or bad. However, the guitarist switched between a white Gibson Firebird and I think a Cherry Gibson Firebird. Beautiful guitars. Manson only played 6 or 7 songs and the house lights came on. The Manson faithful were fucking pissed, to say the least. He didn't even play Beautiful People.

Anyway, Slayer was worth the 45 minute drive, even if it was hotter than hell.
                        Cool review..I'd go just for Slayer, and I like both the classic and new material..I think they rule.

MM only played about 7 songs and no BP..yeah I bet they were pissed. Ehh I would have no desire to see him at all..if John 5 played maybe..but he would just be laid back playing the material anywhoo, so even then I'd be bored..I never was a MM fan...I kinda like BP and that's about it..

I heard a Bleeding Through song a while back..not my cup O' Joe at all..

That's a pretty weird bill in general ..I think.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I went to the show in Worcester yesterday, and I'm still aching. Slayer fucking killed, but the set was too short. Manson's sound sucked balls and I couldn't understand anything he said either. He probably played around 7 songs and came out for 2 encores, the last of which was Beautiful People. He was okay, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I weren't tired as shit.

Edit: Luckily, Bleeding Through didn't play. Just so I don't kill this thread, was anyone else there?
                          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Slayer is awesome live, am not so sure about how Manson would be live though...not a big fan.

Comment

Slayer should change their set list to this
                              war ensamble
                              blood red
                              god hates us all
                              jihad
                              at dawn they sleep
                              black magic
                              reign in blood
                              chemical warfare
                              cult
                              seasons in the abyss
                              criminally insane
                              mandatory suicide
                              Angel of death

But they wont
                              OFW
                              "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
                              I just made that quote..

Comment

I saw marylin manson in a small club in reno about 8 years ago, he would spit at the crowd(prompting them to spit back) then a hail of loogies would fly up at him, by the end of the show he had spit hanging in his hair, and on his face, it was the most disgusting thing i ever saw on stage, dont know if he still does that, but i have no desire to see them again.
                                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                                X