Interview with close friend of Schenker about recent events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with close friend of Schenker about recent events

Sounds like a cop out to me... always someone else's fault.

Nobody, not even a former guitar god, deserves such a high degree of leniency and commiseration for his own stupidity and self-destructive behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
      Nobody, not even a former guitar god, deserves such a high degree of leniency and commiseration for his own stupidity and self-destructive behaviour.
      Very good point.

Comment

Those colours made my eyes hurt. Some people have no sense of the aesthetic!

God, how gay do I sound...
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Aww, he was tired I thought rock stars were supposed to function with no sleep? Isn't that the "fun" part of touring?
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post

agreed.

Agreed w/ Steve too.."Copouts"..

BUT..

Even if Michael Schenker plunges "Rock Bottom"..at least he wrote it!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Legendary guitarist Michael Schenker's (MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, UFO, SCORPIONS) MySpace page has been updated with the following message:

"Due to various mitigating circumstances that have conspired to derail the [U.K.] tour, it has been officially confirmed by a source close to MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP that the remaining tour dates have definitely been cancelled. In truth, it was impossible to carry on with the current situation, a situation that has been caused by a multitude of events beyond the bands control, including Michael's. The band and Michael would personally like to express their gratitude for the patience and understanding shown by the MSG faithful (fans) during this extremely difficult time and would like to say 'Thank you' to ALL those who have expressed their continuing love and support. Be assured, MSG hope to see you ALL on the road in the future."

Schenker and his band were scheduled to perform Friday night (August 3) in Stourbridge, U.K. but ended up calling off the gig after only a handful of songs. A short review of the concert, as posted on the Michael Schenker News and Tour Information web site, can be found at this location.
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=79120

Fucking hell, I'd have lent him a few bob to get him out of the shit, maybe even the odd guitar too! Sounds like BUUUUUUUUULL-SHIT to me.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

what an absurd set of rationalizations.

bottom line is, this guy who used to be so great, is down to complaining about his "agent" stealing money from him.

the crux of that is that he is at the point where no one reputable will work with him, and the margins are so thin that when something goes wrong, it pulls the whole train off the tracks.

all of this says more about Schenker's current state than it says about anyone or anything else. sad thing to have to say about the man who was my main inspiration to pick up the guitar.

but hell, look at Eddie these days.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I like the bit about his "bodyguard", like he needs a bodyguard FFS. Hang on a mo, he probably does now.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                    X