No announcement yet.

Nightwish - Amaranth (new video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is a great vocalist, not a bad song. But something important is gone. Tarja was unique, that was made the Nightwish just as much as anything else. And I don't think that they up to that standard now. IMHO. I'm wondering if they continue to be commercially successful now.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
      She is a great vocalist, not a bad song. But something important is gone. Tarja was unique, that was made the Nightwish just as much as anything else. And I don't think that they up to that standard now. IMHO. I'm wondering if they continue to be commercially successful now.
      Thinking of the very same thing.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        I think you wouldn't wait 'til you get home
        :ROTF: True dat
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They will probably achieve MORE commercial success. That song could be on the radio right now and it would fit in just fine whereas the old material did not fit in with the pop stuff.

The great melody and atmosphere of the other albums IMO is simply not present in this song or "Eva" the other single I have heard.

Comment

Not impressed at all

Go check out the new Epica album!!
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
              Not impressed at all

Go check out the new Epica album!!
              Getting it in the mail soon..hopin' it's cool..I like the other ones.

Wanna hear a awesome femal singer..Benedictum!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You'll love it Bill, it's the heaviest Epica album ever and the cello/violin recordings sound really good.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                  You'll love it Bill, it's the heaviest Epica album ever and the cello/violin recordings sound really good.
                  Cool , can't wait!

He,y didn't After Forever get another singer..a male singer, alond with the female.??

Comment

I'm not impressed... it's catchy but not more than older Nightwish... way poppier. Reminded me of Kelly Clarkson and those girl singers singing in front of a metal or punk background... Before that to me Nightwish had killer solos and riffs. That song has neither to me :s

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Cool , can't wait!

Hey didn't After Forever get another singer..a male singer, along with the female.??
                      Hmm.. don't think so. I haven't really followed them lately, but as far as I know it's still Floor Jansen as main vocalist. Maybe Sander Gommans, who does the grunts, got more lines or something..

edit: I forgot, Bas Maas, the other guitarist, is doing clean vocals since the "Invisible Circles" album.
                      Last edited by AfterForever; 08-13-2007, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Not bad.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Getting it in the mail soon..hopin' it's cool..I like the other ones.

Wanna hear a awesome femal singer..Benedictum!
                          Benedictum, eh? I'll have to check that out...

Comment

Speaking of female-fronted metal bands...I saw Echoes of Eternity open up for Symphony X over the weekend. The singer totally didn't fit with the band, but her breasts were about to pop out of her corset, so the crowd didn't care.
                            Scott

Comment

too poppish
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                                Speaking of female-fronted metal bands...I saw Echoes of Eternity open up for Symphony X over the weekend. The singer totally didn't fit with the band, but her breasts were about to pop out of her corset, so the crowd didn't care.
                                Yeah just visited their homepage and it really isn't something to write home about. Then again according to the band bio, the band will release their debut in 2207 so luckily none of us will ever hear it

Flo
                                http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Working...
                                X