Nightwish - Amaranth (new video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atilla View Post
    Benedictum, eh? I'll have to check that out...
    while you're checking out new female fronted metal, see if you can find some Beautiful Sin. Jorn Viggo Lofstad from Pagan's Mind (and Jorn's solo band) on guitar. Good straight-up metal, no symphonic, gothic or pop here!

Beautiful Sin's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I usually hate female fronted bands. And I think the "attitude" of Nightwish is pretty f'n funny. And Tarja looks like a drag queen

I don't like this whole "operatic female vocals" thing. It all sounds the same. Just like the neck pickup sweep picker shredders.

And plus, the new singer can speak English, unlike Tarja
      Last edited by Norton; 08-14-2007, 12:08 PM.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        I usually hate female fronted bands. And I think the "attitude" of Nightwish is pretty f'n funny. And Tarja looks like a drag queen

I don't like this whole "operatic famel vocals" thing. It all sounds the same. Just like the neck pickup sweep picker shredders.

And plus, the new singer can speak English, unlike Tarja
        Unlike you!:ROTF:
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I've got a great accent. You shut up
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            while you're checking out new female fronted metal, see if you can find some Beautiful Sin. Jorn Viggo Lofstad from Pagan's Mind (and Jorn's solo band) on guitar. Good straight-up metal, no symphonic, gothic or pop here!

http://www.myspace.com/thebeautifulsinmetalband
            Thanks!

Comment

well....the "kelly clarkson fronting a rock/metal band" comment puts it in a nutshell as far as i'm concerned. not bad vocal wise, but if you're familiar with NW it doesn't seem to be on par with the older material. but well, that's what i thought about nemo when it came out first....and now once is one of my favorite records, so let's see what the whole album sounds like.

HOWEVER.....thank's for posting the beautiful sin link - that's some good stuff right there!

and of course, when talking about female fronted metal a shameless plug for my own band can't hurt, right? :-D check out www.myspace.com/backslashmetal
              ....even though the song of the new record that's on there is one of the worst of the album as far as i'm concerned

Comment

Hey Fragle, are you new to Backslash? I have the Insanity CD and it's not bad at all. Are you on that or did you join later?

I have to say, Heike singing in that traditional dress is kinda funny; looks like she's ready to serve bier at the Oktoberfest! No offense... :ROTF:

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
                well....the "kelly clarkson fronting a rock/metal band" comment puts it in a nutshell as far as i'm concerned. not bad vocal wise, but if you're familiar with NW it doesn't seem to be on par with the older material. but well, that's what i thought about nemo when it came out first....and now once is one of my favorite records, so let's see what the whole album sounds like.

HOWEVER.....thank's for posting the beautiful sin link - that's some good stuff right there!

and of course, when talking about female fronted metal a shameless plug for my own band can't hurt, right? :-D check out www.myspace.com/backslashmetal
                ....even though the song of the new record that's on there is one of the worst of the album as far as i'm concerned
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh yeah, the Nightwish video.... I am not that familiar with their other work but I think they're probably doing the same thing other female-fronted bands like Lacuna Coil have done lately - that is, try to write some commercial stuff and make some money. The girl is cute, has a decent voice and as far as commercial music goes, at least it's not rap or bubblegum pop. Could be much worse....
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    Hey Fragle, are you new to Backslash? I have the Insanity CD and it's not bad at all. Are you on that or did you join later?

I have to say, Heike singing in that traditional dress is kinda funny; looks like she's ready to serve bier at the Oktoberfest! No offense... :ROTF:
                    first and foremost, thanks for the kind words.
                    Yeah, i just joined them last fall....almost a year ago, omg. So, no, i haven't played on Insanity or on any of their records so far - not even on the newest one, trip of pain.

HOWEVER, we're currently recording a 5th record, which is more like an EP with 5 new songs and 7 edited and party re-recorded old songs, plus a second CD which is going to be....experimental. I don't know what this second one is gonna sound like, we're hitting the studio next week for that one. as far as i know, this one is going to be released towards the end of this year. needless to say, it will feature some co-writing and lead work of mine

and commenting on the "dirndl", yes, that's pretty much the way most people react to it, which is cool, because people talk about it.....it's something that sticks in their head..."hey, do you remember that one band we saw yesterday, you know, the one with the dirndl wearing singer?"

Comment

I like their new singer! nw rulez!!!
                      Mayzan
                      Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                      My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Working...
                      X