Earth, Wind, and Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth, Wind, and Fire

My wife, kids, and I went to see them last night. I was lucky and got 3rd row tickets just left of center stage.

They were SMOKIN'. There are three of the original members and they still had it despite being some old fuckers.

Verdine was killer on the bass and moved like crazy.

Philip Bailey was simply incredible. I never realized how high he could sing! And I mean HIGH! Like Whitney Houston! And he hit some pretty low notes too - not quite Type O Negative though His tone was phenomenal.

All the rest of the vocals were just exceptional

The two guitarists sounded great - they laid down great rhythms, doubled the horns, and had some kick ass solos. Pretty much everyone in the band got several extended solo spots.

They played all of their classic material with some extended jams. They really got the crowd going. They had fantastic energy and were so obviously enjoying themselves. All in all a stellar performance.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Soundfs like a good show.

My wife and daughter are at Keith Utrban right now with some other women - I passed on the opportunity ...
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Good to hear you had a great time Tim!

Love them! Just funking and partying music!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Although I am a Thrasher at heart, I still like other stuff and EWF is awsome!! I also love Country music a ton Jack.

Comment

Because of my sister I was exposed to alot of different music.
          She's 4 yrs older than me and that age difference allowed me to get hip or hear cooler music than what my age crowd was listening.

Ex. At 9yrs old because of my sisters musical interests.
          I was listening to Aerosmith, Kiss' first album, Steppenwolf, BTO, Black Oak Arkansas. Whereas, my age group was listening to the David Cassidy and the Partridge family.

Alittle later she got into motown, disco, r&b and the pattern continued.
          It was a very cool way to grow up and get exposed to a variety of musical styles throughout my youth.

You mention Earth, Wind and Fire?
          Because of my sister, (she really liked them) I became hip to them at an early age. They are tough and very good at the music they do.
          They wrote about the real deal feel good change your life love thats missing in todays music. Nobody writes about "good love" anymore everybody is anger these days.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Sounds awesome Tim, yeah that dyde is a KILLER bass player!!

Which always caught my attention of course!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Earth Wind and Fire kick ass...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Verdine White is one of the best in the biz
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  Verdine White is one of the best in the biz
                  +1 - he brings it - and he's the goofiest looking mutherfucker I've ever seen - might be 10 feet tall and 56 lbs...no shittin' - but when you play bass like THAT, well, you can be as Shawn Bradley as you want to be... :ROTF:
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
                  X