Kataklysm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kataklysm

Anyone know what guitar gear they use for they recordings or live?
    I've never seen them live, and i can't find anything on the internet.
    I'm looking for about the same heavy sound for my (7-string) death metal band but i'm clueless what amp to buy.

I saw him for Shadows and Dust..stood right in front of him. He used and old double cut away, archtop Hamer..non trem and a 5150 half stack ..

I enjoyed the set, he didn't have a spare guitar and broke a E string on the first song..what luck.

I was standing ear level within 20 from his 5150 half stack..not as "crushing" live as his tone in the studio...but still pretty cool.

His rig was super simple..nothing complex about it at all. You could get his tone with a 5150 no prob..he does.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yup, seen 'em twice in the last year, once with Graveworm and in May supporting Dimmu Borgir. 5150 halfstack. They also downtune, but I don't know to what. C maybe?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I always thought the 5150 was more of a thrash metal amp.
        So he uses that live, but what about in the studio, any ideas? I really like the sound on the 'In arms of devastation' album.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
          I always thought the 5150 was more of a thrash metal amp.
          So he uses that live, but what about in the studio, any ideas? I really like the sound on the 'In arms of devastation' album.

That's all 5150..you can definitely tell..it's just the way he plays.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool i'll have to check one out then.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
              Cool i'll have to check one out then.
              Yes, you do..I owned five..I think you'll like it!

Comment

5150 through krank krankenstein cab for devastation. having tue madsen doing the mix doesn't hurt though

live it used to be a 5150 half stack, nowadays it's a line 6 flextone head, although most recently he's been using the pod xt pro through the poweramp of whatever amp is available on that tour.
                last time i saw them it was a marshall TSL head that he was using for the power....sounded just like the record, i swear. crushing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
                  5150 through krank krankenstein cab for devastation. having tue madsen doing the mix doesn't hurt though

live it used to be a 5150 half stack, nowadays it's a line 6 flextone head, although most recently he's been using the pod xt pro through the poweramp of whatever amp is available on that tour.
                  last time i saw them it was a marshall TSL head that he was using for the power....sounded just like the record, i swear. crushing.

Wassup my brudder..How's things?

Hey, I see your old band Final Breath has a new one out..Just saw it on line and thought of you..

Be Good man..or don't ..fuggit don't be good , it's more fun.

Bill Z Bub

Comment

final breath? a new one? where did you see that? that's the first time i've heared something like that........no new stuff on line that i'd know of to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
                      final breath? a new one? where did you see that? that's the first time i've heared something like that........no new stuff on line that i'd know of to be honest.
                      Fuck, my bad..I have "let me be your Tank"..I thought "Mind explosion" was a new one ..it came out in 2002..it threw me off.

Comment

Working...
                      X