Blind Guardian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Guardian?

DOH I forgot to ask about them in the Hammerfall thread... anyway... I have a Twist in the Myth and to me it's simply one of the best metal albums of 2007... or 6, whenever it came out But I absolutely love it.

What else from theirs would be a good CD to get?

I ask for CDs all the time since I don't download. I've just been buying CDs allover the place for the past 5 years. I must be getting close to 300 now. Oh all the guitars I could have bought for that...

Nightfall in middle earth, a night at the opera and imaginations from the other side. I also dig the first demons and wizards (Hansi with Jon Schaefer - is that how it's spelt?).
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
      DOH I forgot to ask about them in the Hammerfall thread... anyway... I have a Twist in the Myth and to me it's simply one of the best metal albums of 2007... or 6, whenever it came out But I absolutely love it.

What else from theirs would be a good CD to get?

I ask for CDs all the time since I don't download. I've just been buying CDs allover the place for the past 5 years. I must be getting close to 300 now. Oh all the guitars I could have bought for that...
      I'm a little disappointed TOM, a little too "epicy" for me..I like the more straight forward material that levantin mentioned..the live one covers alot of ground and is produced very well..may want to check that out.

Did you get Kamelots' The Black Halo..I would think that would be up your alley!

I was a bit disappointed in Kamelot's last one ..again too "epic"..

But they both have outstanding moments..I just don't want those moments to end..it loses momentum..I think.

Also check out Dark Moor stuff..I think I'm talkin' your language here.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nope never heard of Kamelot of Dark Moor... I shall you tube them! Thanks dudes!

Comment

Dude, I will compile some "must haves" in the power metal that I think you will truly enjoy..

I f you look at my thread..the first few pages ...I cover alot of ground there..

That's all I do..I search and find all the best metal I can, and invested prolly 50 thousand dollars in the last 15 years or so..I'm nuts!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ok I tried both bands... both lacked the special something that'd make me buy their stuff it seemed... Nice RR1 in Dark Moor's clips though!

Comment

Bill did pretty much list all of the good power metal a couple years ago (I think that's when it was...)

Blind Guardian, Dark Moor, and Kamelot all have some great songs but none of their albums really get constant rotation from me.

Are you into really "Epic" stuff like Rhapsody and Luca Turilli or the more simple structures of say HammerFall?

Start a new thread in the off-topic section and people like Bill and myself can point you toward some cool stuff.

Comment

I prefer bands like Hammerfall... I only know two songs from Rhapsody but it's pretty busy. I quite enjoy songs like Memory (Avantasia) and Battlefield (Blind Guardian) too though so eh...

I found Bill's thread! I'll have a closer look. Most of these bands I'll never have heard of though. It's hard enough to find CDs in the UK or Holland already... Thanks for all the help guys!!

Comment

I have all the Blind Guardian except for the first 2 or 3. They all kick ass. If you listen to them chronologically you can hear their progression from being thrashy to more melodic. They're a very versatile band. The double live CD simply titled Live is fantastic. They don't rely on backing vocals on the live stuff and it still sounds great. The live DVD is killer as well with a slightly different set list. Nightfall is one of my favorites. A Night At the Opera has like 128 layers of vocal tracks that sometimes overpower the music but it's still a good record. I like Twist a lot but I if you like This Will Never End, you'll LOVE the older stuff.

Comment

I have BG's Imagination album and I have listened to many of their songs from other albums. I think Imaginations from the other side is their best.

Bill, I have a few Kamelot's albums, but never listened to Dark Moor yet. I will surely give them a listen.
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      Bill did pretty much list all of the good power metal a couple years ago (I think that's when it was...)

Blind Guardian, Dark Moor, and Kamelot all have some great songs but none of their albums really get constant rotation from me.

Are you into really "Epic" stuff like Rhapsody and Luca Turilli or the more simple structures of say HammerFall?

Start a new thread in the off-topic section and people like Bill and myself can point you toward some cool stuff.
                      This is so true..the sea of quality metal is so vast..I mean it's pretty fuggin' huge..

But we will try..

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                        I have all the Blind Guardian except for the first 2 or 3. They all kick ass. If you listen to them chronologically you can hear their progression from being thrashy to more melodic. They're a very versatile band. The double live CD simply titled Live is fantastic. They don't rely on backing vocals on the live stuff and it still sounds great. The live DVD is killer as well with a slightly different set list. Nightfall is one of my favorites. A Night At the Opera has like 128 layers of vocal tracks that sometimes overpower the music but it's still a good record. I like Twist a lot but I if you like This Will Never End, you'll LOVE the older stuff.
                        Hey man, I paid a fortune for the first two OOP Blind Guardian originals..but they are re-issued for about 12 bucks which are Battalions of Fear and Follow the Blind..

You can really hear how these guys influenced Iced Earth..Demons and Wizards certainly validates that!

Comment

I prefer bands like Hammerfall... I only know two songs from Rhapsody but it's pretty busy. I quite enjoy songs like Memory (Avantasia) and Battlefield (Blind Guardian) too though so eh...

I found Bill's thread! I'll have a closer look. Most of these bands I'll never have heard of though. It's hard enough to find CDs in the UK or Holland already... Thanks for all the help guys!!
                          Pott report to my thread..

you'll find many bands to check out that you'll like..

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...=bill%27s+home

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                            I also dig the first demons and wizards (Hansi with Jon Schaefer - is that how it's spelt?).
                            oh hell yea, man. I never get sick of that disc.

I found Bill's thread! I'll have a closer look. Most of these bands I'll never have heard of though.
                            that's kind of the point, man! Dig in over there. Most bands have a MySpace page these days, so get to searching and trying some of that stuff out. Bill has put me onto some awesome metal, starting with that list, but also throwing out suggestions based on what he knows I like. Listen to the man, he won't steer you wrong
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Blind Guardian is my favourite band ever! IMHO their best album is Nightfall in Middle Earth, it's such a perfect album and tells a great story (Quenta Silmarillion). If you are familliar with Tolkiens writings you must have it

Comment

Working...
                              X