No announcement yet.

Blind Guardian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Familiar, yeah... the Silmarillion is my bible I absolutely love this book.

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
      Familiar, yeah... the Silmarillion is my bible I absolutely love this book.
      Excellent. The album actually got me to read the book and now I love it too. My favourite parts are where Fëanor leads the Noldor to their exile and when Fingolfin challenge Morgoth to fight... Maybe becuase my favourite songs of the album are "The curse of Fëanor" and "Time stand still at the iron hill".

Ok enough geekery for now

Comment

Time stands still at the eye-ron hill....

Kamelot's Karma album is their best IMO, Blind Guardian has a bunch of good ones; I like Nightfall and Imaginations the best. I used to be super big into BG until I saw them live. So disappointing. Hansi sang none of the high parts and the sound was terrible. I know it wasn't the venue because Symphony X opened for them and sounded fantastic. Plus the new album just doesn't do anything for me.

If you like the more cheesy side of power metal, definitely check out Rhapsody's Dawn of Victory.

I've tried to read the Silmarillion on many occassions, and I can never get past 50 pages without falling asleep. Just not my cup o' tea I guess.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          oh hell yea, man. I never get sick of that disc.

that's kind of the point, man! Dig in over there. Most bands have a MySpace page these days, so get to searching and trying some of that stuff out. Bill has put me onto some awesome metal, starting with that list, but also throwing out suggestions based on what he knows I like. Listen to the man, he won't steer you wrong
          Thanks G!!...Whatever "YOUR CUP OF TEA" is ...I have it , know it and can tell you where to get it!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X