Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well... lets get ready for DLR/VH tour !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    Vince Neil - He didn't "kill" anyone, it was an auto accident that he should have went to jail for. Very uncool.
    Yes, he did kill Nicholas Dingley, the drummer for Hanoi Rocks, in 1984, and did spend time behind bars for DUI & vehicular manslaughter.

I remember this quite clearly, as the occupants of the Volkswagen (the other car) that Vince N. put in a coma were friends of a friend of mine.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Yes, he did kill Nicholas Dingley, the drummer for Hanoi Rocks, in 1984, and did spend time behind bars for DUI & vehicular manslaughter.

I remember this quite clearly, as the occupants of the Volkswagen (the other car) that Vince N. put in a coma were friends of a friend of mine.
      And Vince even says it himself... "I was the O.J. of the '80s."
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by dtt001 View Post
        One for Ed's kid here. I hope the tour lasts and he has a great time.

It is still basically VH and he is going to be on stage with EVH and on the road with DLR ! Pretty cool. Have fun kid. Do it all !
        What does the kid's resume` look like? Does he have any band/stage experience aside from jamming with dad and Uncle Alex? This is the big time.....I hope the kids up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
          This is true...he's just a tool. He's lost any ability to stand alone and the radio thing should he put the nail in his coffin. Ed's got to realize he's running out of options. He's all over the map these days and few people will have anything to do with him in a serious way. I'm sure many people will have him do a guest spot..but who wants to book a 150 city tour with him?

Dave knows his only trump card is to pull the plug but he would be shooting himself in the foot and it would riccochet into his crotch. That dude's wallet has got to be on EMPTY right now. He probably showed his belly with the only demand being the command some TALL cash. My rational for this? Dave is long since hit skid row and Van Halen didn't charge and Arm-and-an-asshole back in 2004 with Sammy.

My prediction..the only person left that will work with Ed in 6 months is Axel Rose (worlds biggest super prick).
          Watch the Youtube vids of Haggar/Roth tour... that shows what a
          dick DLR is! I say it lasts about 8 to 10 shows..which means its cancelled
          before it gets to Glendale Az! IMO the DVD will be available for around
          $45 so with NOT buying 4 floor tickets at $330 each...that pays for a
          new Plasma TV to watch the $45 DVD on...forever!

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
            This is the big time.....I hope the kids up to the task.
            Stage fright or nervousness of performing in front of a very large
            crowd can be for the inexperienced/rookie very overwhelming, very tough.
            One will shake and get weak and even some go to the extreme of getting dizzy from it and become nauseated. Its not good.

Were not talking about smaller crowds of 2-3 thousands.
            Were talking about crowds of 25,000+.
            Its clear, even at this point before the tour starts.
            Most if not all scheduled shows are already sold/selling out.
            Then are those that can get right up there and never once have a problem
            with it.

Either way, the young pup is very fortunate.
            I've learned to look at this way, Ed, Alex and Dave but mostly Ed wouldn't let him play if he wasn't good enough. Imagine the embarrassment and humiliation the band would get if Wolfie wasn't able to play the stuff and they still let him go. So I really think he's gonna be a fairly decent player.
            Its his stage presence that will tell the story imo.

I mean in all honesty, little Wolfie has some very big shoes to fill.
            Mike had both, playability and stage presence that ear marked a VH show.
            As already said, I too, hope the little lad is up for the task.
            BUT it ain't no reunion without Mike bottomline.
            This is all about the new VH dynasty.
            I'm surprised Val isn't gonna be pounding away on a black, white and red striped keyboard.
            Man if that ever happened, it would be a modern day Partridge family rendition.
            Last edited by Soap; 09-02-2007, 06:42 PM.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
            X