Gotta Love This Gilbert Solo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Love This Gilbert Solo!

There's only one thing better than Paul Gilbert.... TWO Paul Gilberts lol (for the record, I fuggin love this solo... along with pretty much anything Paul does):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrrRX...related&search=
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

That was awesome. Paul just kicks all kinds of ass. I never get tired of listening and watching him. There's none better.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I've got that instructional DVd at home
      great stuff!
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
        There's only one thing better than Paul Gilbert.... TWO Paul Gilberts lol
        Which is why "Second Heat" is one of my favorite records ever. Paul and Bruce was an incredibly insane duo.

Comment

Awesome! That's all that needs to be said.

Nick, how is that DVD compared to Intense Rock? (assuming you have that one too). Of course, anyone with both feel free to chime in (or if you have the new GOOMY DVD please comment). Intense Rock was one of the most useful/helpful DVDs ever. And I've now seen I.R. II since I bought the DVD combo of I and II. It's good too, not as many licks but the last 15 minutes he offers some really good tips/ideas for practicing.

BTW - there was a song he played at his clinics in '89 right when the first Mr. Big album was coming out. It was also on one of those Guitar Player soundpages (the floppy 45 rpm records). My guitar teacher at the time transcribed it but I never found out the name of it to see if it was ever released on an album. Now that I have Intense Rock II, I was floored the first time I watched it because he plays this mystery tune at the end of the video. Anyone know the name of it and if it was ever released?
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post

BTW - there was a song he played at his clinics in '89 right when the first Mr. Big album was coming out. It was also on one of those Guitar Player soundpages (the floppy 45 rpm records). My guitar teacher at the time transcribed it but I never found out the name of it to see if it was ever released on an album. Now that I have Intense Rock II, I was floored the first time I watched it because he plays this mystery tune at the end of the video. Anyone know the name of it and if it was ever released?
            haven't seen the video in a while.. is it "Down to Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
              That's Technical Difficulties.

I don't have the DVD version just the VHS, it's pretty good.

J.

Comment

Down to Mexico is at the beginning of Intense Rock II, the tune I was asking about it is at the end. I went ahead and emailed him about it and got this answer back:

Hi John,

That must be "Screaming Blues-O-Mania".

It was only released as a soundpage in GP.

Thanks for listening!

Paul

The answer from the man himself and within an hour! Paul rules

Comment

Oh that's right - I actually have that back issue in storage ! lol
                  Holy shit !

Comment

Awesome!

Bonus points for playing around all the fringe crap hanging off of the guitar's neck.

Comment

Oh that's right - I actually have that back issue in storage ! lol
                      Holy shit !
                      You do? Do you (or anyone here) know how to get something from record into mp3 format? That would be sweet

Comment

Wow, Paul read your email....and aknowledged your existence :O thats amazing! ...and technical difficulties is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
                          Wow, Paul read your email....and aknowledged your existence :O thats amazing!
                          No, he read my email and answered my fucking question (which no one here or on jemsite had been able to), smartass.

Comment

Maybe Paul could join Van Halem when that camp crash and burns...again.

You know both Billy Sheehan and Eric Martin were canidates as memebers of Van Halen..

Mike got the job over Billy..that was Alex's decision..I guess he didn't wanted any thunder being stolen from his bro.. I could see that!

Eric turned down the job because Mr BiG was bigger in Japan than Van Halen was here..and at the time he knew that camp was unstable.

Since one half of Mr Big could have been part of Van Halen..why not have the best part of Mr Big take lead role of Van Halen..it's not like he couldn't do it..hehee.

I like when people say well Mike, Alex, Dave, Sammy is replacable..well, I know someone personally who could pull off Ed's job just fine. The fact is he don't even compare to to likes of Vai, Warren D, Dweezil, and Paul..

Dave and Sammy know Ed's job can be done with others nailing every nuance.

Ed may have planted the seed..but that spawned a infinite number of players that could handle that job with a smile.

I could assemble a Van Halen Tribute band right from this board that would sound like the real deal..not a prob..and I know this!

I know this!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice vid

Comment

Working...
                              X