New Cynic tune!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cynic tune!!

Not sure how many of you have seen this but none the less it's worth posting for some of the Cynic diehards like myself!! Reinert gets it on fast in this one!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    I love admins!

What are you fuggin' kidding???

I heard they were going to do this years ago..

Fuck yeah...Oh, I can't waite till they put that shit out!!!

Thanks!!!

Bill Z Bub
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      What are you fuggin' kidding???

I heard they were going to do this years ago..

Fuck yeah...Oh, I can't waite till they put that shit out!!!

Thanks!!!

Bill Z Bub
      Tell me like it didn't just come off of Focus itself!!
      I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
        Tell me like it didn't just come off of Focus itself!!
        I was thinking the same thing..even the sound of the production..sound like an extra track off Focus..

this is killer..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing..even the sound of the production..sound like an extra track off Focus..

this is killer..
          Wow I never thought I would turn Bill on to any new tunes etc...
          Now you owe me!!
          I love admins!

Comment

Wow I never thought I would turn Bill on to any new tunes etc...
            Now you owe me!!
            Yes I do..!!

I been "replacing" Cynic for years..you know bands that sound like Cynic..since they haven't put anything out..

I LOVE abract tech prog metal like this..so in all my searching..I discovered who most sounds like Cynic to my ears..The Alarum..they have two releases out.

They have a "sound" very similiar to Cynic..The Alarum..check 'em out.

Comment

I saw Cynic on Friday at Brutal Assault Festival.

They were technical and played good, but sooo boooring to watch. And what sucked the most, is that all growls were pre-recorded. The frontman sang only the clean parts.

Comment

Yes I do..!!

I been "replacing" Cynic for years..you know bands that sound like Cynic..since they haven't put anything out..

I LOVE abract tech prog metal like this..so in all my searching..I discovered who most sounds like Cynic to my ears..The Alarum..they have two releases out.

They have a "sound" very similiar to Cynic..The Alarum..check 'em out.
                Ya they are one of my alltime favorites as well!! Glad to know there's another in here too! Masvidal is sooooo underrated!! Alarum..........where do I find it??
                I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                  I saw Cynic on Friday at Brutal Assault Festival.

They were technical and played good, but sooo boooring to watch. And what sucked the most, is that all growls were pre-recorded. The frontman sang only the clean parts.
                  Ya Dana Cosley from Demonacy sang those parts!! Shes something herself!! Hands down nobody gets it on like Cynic did! Focus is the biggest landmine in metal music in my opinion, and hasn't been matched since it came out in 93!!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Ya they are one of my alltime favorites as well!! Glad to know there's another in here too! Masvidal is sooooo underrated!! Alarum..........where do I find it??

www.centurymedia.com

Comment

They also did a song of the Portal album of which was never released!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      I love admins!

Comment

Not sure how many of you have seen this but none the less it's worth posting for some of the Cynic diehards like myself!! Reinert gets it on fast in this one!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0MQJTVYwVw
                        Ooh, that was boring. Zzzzzzzz

At least until the 5 minute mark when he started with the soloing.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hurry up and record a new album!
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Being that I have devoted my fuggin' life to metal. I have listened with unbiased ears and open mind and found that highest caliber of muscianship is not exclusive to power/prog bands. Many of those fans are unaware and don't acknowledge that this is equal across the entrire metal spectrum.

Whenever you say the word Rush or Dream Theater one instantly thinks prog metal and they're correct...but it goes far beyonds bands in the same genre as Symphony X , Pagans Mind, Lanfear, Threshold, Time requiem, Majestic, Space Oddessy, Circus Maximus, Vanden Plas and many of similar styles...Watchtower!!

There is the same calibre musciansip in other styles of music that most don't consider as equals. I think it's a shame, therfore I'm adressing it. I see it as you loss , my freinds, but it doesn't have to be.

I have a insane Prog Power friend that some here know ..his name is "Krusty"..he loves his "Prog" and he's a great prog drummer. Not long ago he loathed any kind of "harsh" vocals no matter what. I do to in the wrong context, it's just fuggin' grating. But bands like Cynic who made this style accessible. Some may not be sold on this vid , which is a mere glimpse..just like any other unfamilar "good" band, you must hear more to know what they're about.

Krusty's first progressive "death" band he embraced was Into Eternity..prolly because there is a mix of both clean and harsh and the music is pretty challenging. Then he told me he bought the new Mercenary which he really liked..it's the ligher side of this style so I can see that...but it's a start. I broadened his mind, which is cool. Then he bought the new Martyr cd and loves it and almost in that same beathe told me that he is so disappointed in the new Kamelot, who he's opening for in a couple days. So he bought two cds in one day one of his faves that he was bummed about and a cd he wouldn't even gave a chance just a year ago. I owned and heard enough to distint good from crap..Then you have awesome..and "awesome" is rarely subjective especialy when applied to skill level and writing.

So any of you want to expand your progressive and love challenging music..let me share me faves with you.

I will touch on some ..NOT all.

Atheist..all 3 are re-issued, no need to drop $200 on Ebay.
                            Arsis..this is the music on HHB with the ballerinas in
                            harmony with that intense music.
                            Alarum..this is a Cynic lovers wet dream..
                            Augury..very cool tech prog death band
                            Capharnaum..on the same willowtip roster with Arsis.
                            Death..a kid that blossomed into a genius, his life cut short.
                            Coroner..they progressed until they broke up in '95.
                            Extol..awesome Christian progressive band...harsh vox.
                            Farmakon...Steve DiGiorgio is in it...there ya go.
                            Gory Blister..don't let the name fool you..these dagos throw down!
                            Lunaris..very nice!
                            Martyr...wow!
                            Necrophagist..It'll make your head spin like Linda Blair.
                            Nocturnus..start with .."The Key"!!!
                            Sadist.."Beyond the light"
                            Sadus..Steve DiGiorgio always seems to show with stuff like this.
                            Sceptic..any fan of Coroner should love these guys..
                            Symbyosis..my very FAVE all that is tech prog death metal!!!
                            Theory in Practice..the name speaks for itself..insane stuff!
                            Thought Chamber..cool stuff...DiGiorgio is that U?
                            Twisted Into Form..members of Extol and Spiral Archtect..'nuff said.
                            Wastefall..start w/"self exile", like a mix of Opeth and Nevermore.

Just a few years ago I was told that Arch Enemy completely sucks balls by SO many (harsh vox), those same people fucking LOVE that band, including my wife!

So, it doesn't hurt to kick shit around and try new shit..once that door in opened you'll be even more accepting to even more "extreme" music..because of the skill levels.. trust me..I been there, and many of my friends

I don't expect everyone to be blown away at first listen..in fact I expect what I already know and heard so many times before.."That fucking band sucks!!"..and in a few years you'll be playing that shit..or wanting to!

This almost needs it's own thread...hmmm. we;ll see where this goes first.

Bill Z Bub

Comment

Working...
                            X