Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Thayer, aren't we all just jealous of him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Thayer, aren't we all just jealous of him?

Kiss guitarist Tommy Thayer

Tommy gets a LOT of flak from people on playing live with Kiss in Ace Frehley's make up and is generally percieved by a lot of people as a "Fake" However, those aware of Thayer in "Black N Blue" will know otherwise, Thayer is a solid player capable of spanning the full spectrum of Kiss material. Not to mention that he's also much more dependable than the volitile Ace.

I actually feel jealous of Thayer, come on, who of us WOULDN'T want to be in his shoes? (or should I say "Platform boots") And play with the band that you praised when you were a kid? Heck if was offered that option I'd happily go "Let me at that make up man, you've got yourself a deal!"

What would you do if the stones would boot Ron Wood out and asked you to play in his place?

Or suppose if David Lee Roth want you to play guitar with him would you really say "Nah, you ought to ask Steve Vai again"

All of you seem so very conservative about the line up of a band. And are talking about "Man they should've folded when Fill-in-the-name left" but be honest aren't we all in for the pleasure of playing live, to see the audience react to our musical craftsmanship, to have pleasant encounters after the show is done? Isn't that waht Rock N roll is about?

Ask yourself the question, what would YOU have done if somebody offered you to be in the band you loved in your teens? Would you REALLY have declined that offer?

To be honest if Iron Maiden asked me to replace one of their three guitarists (doesn't matter which one) I'd tell them "Sure, let me get my stuff. When do we start?"

I wonder what the KISS groupies look like nowadays
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post

Kiss guitarist Tommy Thayer

Tommy gets a LOT of flak from people on playing live with Kiss in Ace Frehley's make up and is generally percieved by a lot of people as a "Fake" However, those aware of Thayer in "Black N Blue" will know otherwise, Thayer is a solid player capable of spanning the full spectrum of Kiss material. Not to mention that he's also much more dependable than the volitile Ace.

I actually feel jealous of Thayer, come on, who of us WOULDN'T want to be in his shoes? (or should I say "Platform boots") And play with the band that you praised when you were a kid? Heck if was offered that option I'd happily go "Let me at that make up man, you've got yourself a deal!"

What would you do if the stones would boot Ron Wood out and asked you to play in his place?

Or suppose if David Lee Roth want you to play guitar with him would you really say "Nah, you ought to ask Steve Vai again"

All of you seem so very conservative about the line up of a band. And are talking about "Man they should've folded when Fill-in-the-name left" but be honest aren't we all in for the pleasure of playing live, to see the audience react to our musical craftsmanship, to have pleasant encounters after the show is done? Isn't that waht Rock N roll is about?

Ask yourself the question, what would YOU have done if somebody offered you to be in the band you loved in your teens? Would you REALLY have declined that offer?

To be honest if Iron Maiden asked me to replace one of their three guitarists (doesn't matter which one) I'd tell them "Sure, let me get my stuff. When do we start?"
        **** Good post, i agree with you... after all...if your dependible,
        and the original guy isnt.. then THATS the reason your there in the
        first place. IMO. I was just thinking about this.. Ratt needs me to
        replace Warren...and they beg me to "Come on up onto the stage"..
        sign a 90 day contract for $50K, and hand me some of Warrens Charvels!
        (they better be ready to play "Wanted Man"...over and over...and over!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          **** Good post, i agree with you... after all...if your dependible,
          and the original guy isnt.. then THATS the reason your there in the
          first place. IMO. I was just thinking about this.. Ratt needs me to
          replace Warren...and they beg me to "Come on up onto the stage"..
          sign a 90 day contract for $50K, and hand me some of Warrens Charvels!
          (they better be ready to play "Wanted Man"...over and over...and over!
          Look closely at Thayer's guitar. It's not even a Gibson Ace Frehley model. So what makes you think that joining Ratt will give you access to Warren's gear?

HOWEVER, if you really WERE joining Ratt, then the chances are big that brands like Jackson, Ibanez, BC Rich, ESP or Dean will offer you endorsement deals which means FREE GEAR.

Look at Nick Catanese of BLS, just out of the woodwork and touring with Zakk Wylde and already he has a Washburn signature model.

Would you really say no to that?
          Last edited by Blazer; 08-14-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Go here to see for yourself.
            http://www.genesimmons.com/ladiesinwaiting/index.html

Don't forget to clean your keyboard off afterwards.

Besides, you can NOT say that Shannon Tweed is ugly do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
              Go here to see for yourself.
              http://www.genesimmons.com/ladiesinwaiting/index.html

Don't forget to clean your keyboard off afterwards.

Besides, you can NOT say that Shannon Tweed is ugly do you?
              Nice link ! I think the real name of that site is "golddigger desparate for exposure dotcom"

Shannon is starting to look like the Joker with all the surgeries she has had...either that , or it is from smiling so much with all that $$
              Mind you, I'd still hit it !

Comment

Definitly agree with the post, but most 'fans' throw up a hissyfit about any original or longtime band member leaving. I can't say I'm bothered about Frehley leaving, as I've only heard three Kiss songs in my entire life.

Btw, rockstar (no matter how old) + millions in the bank = HOT chicks anytime you want them.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

My 8 yr old wants to see them when they come around, I swore I'm done seeing them after Ace first left, but I'm gonna take him because he wants to go, the problem is that he thinks that's still Ace (and Eric Singer is Peter Criss), and I don't have the heart to tell him it's not.
                  I think the issue isn't Thayer in KISS, I think it Thayer in Ace's makeup. If you're not going to create a new character, throw Thayer in the Vinnie Vincent make up then.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
                    My 8 yr old wants to see them when they come around, I swore I'm done seeing them after Ace first left, but I'm gonna take him because he wants to go, the problem is that he thinks that's still Ace (and Eric Singer is Peter Criss), and I don't have the heart to tell him it's not.
                    I think the issue isn't Thayer in KISS, I think it Thayer in Ace's makeup. If you're not going to create a new character, throw Thayer in the Vinnie Vincent make up then.
                    +1. My problem isn't Thayer, but Thayer in Ace's makeup. It's a cheap cop out by Gene. Hell, take off the makeup and do this crap...

I would rather see Bruce Kulick in Ace's makeup then Tommy. At least he paid his dues...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      +1. My problem isn't Thayer, but Thayer in Ace's makeup. It's a cheap cop out by Gene. Hell, take off the makeup and do this crap...

I would rather see Bruce Kulick in Ace's makeup then Tommy. At least he paid his dues...
                      Very true, that was a kick ass line up IMO.
                      I would think Bruce would would rather go back to KISS than continue with GFR.

I wonder what Gene and Paul would've done if Eric Carr was still alive when they wanted to put the makeup back on? Carr was such a better drummer than Peter.

Comment

Working...
                      X