New Blues Players recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blues Players recommendations

I've been listening to a lot of blues these days mostly new stuff such as Bonamassa, Scott McKeon, Matt Scofield, some Mayer. Any other recommendations guys?

Philip Sayce

Comment

will check it. thanks.

Comment

Walter Trout

Comment

Chris Duarte, Corey Stevens, and Tommy Castro. Each has his own style and sound...great players!!!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Robert Cray, Walter Trout, Robben Ford & the Blue Line, Robin Trower, Scott Henderson's Tore Down House, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Jeff Healey, Delbert McClinton, Chris Duarte Group, and SRV (of course).

Also, Hendrix made a little known album simply named 'Blues' that is nothing short of amazing in my opinion.

Regards,
              Mads
              Last edited by javert; 08-25-2007, 05:46 AM.

Comment

You might want to check out Eric Gales, too.

If you want to hear a really original take on Hendrix, also check out Phil Brown: http://www.philbrownguitar.com/content/. His take on Jimi is light years from the standard "cover" variety. But Phil's music is more than just a Jimi cover disc, so check out his site.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                  Also, Hendrix made a little known album simply named 'Blues' that is nothing short of amazing in my opinion.

Regards,
                  Mads
                  It's a great record, but it's not an album that Jimi made during his lifetime. It was culled from the archives and pieced together long after his death.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                    It's a great record, but it's not an album that Jimi made during his lifetime. It was culled from the archives and pieced together long after his death.
                    That's true, but it's still Hendrix playing I understand that the album was a bit controversial as some claim that the material wasn't meant to be released. I'm glad they released it, even if the album is a bit inconsistent in various ways. Born Under a Bad Sign, Red House, Hear My Train A Comin', Voodoo Chile Blues, and Bleeding Heart are all great.

Comment

Working...
                    X