Ron Jarzombek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Jarzombek

Just found this guy... this dude has some great shit! Im sure alot of you have heard him before, but Im just hearing him for the first time today.

Heres a good one... GREAT tone! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3pz4...related&search=
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Yeah, Ron is a monster player. I really like his style. His brother Bobby is a kickass drummer - one of my favorites. Thanks for the link.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I almost posted a thread on him the other day after watching some old Watchtower vids. He's awesome, and he should be a household name (well, at least in guitar circles).

Comment

yeah him or his brother used to be in Riot.

Comment

His brother was the one in Riot.

I talk to Ron every week or two. He currently has a Rush tribute band here in town (Exit tage Left), I haven't managed to get to a show because I always have a gig the same night. But yea, these vids don't compare to seeing him live. He makes it look so effortless. I ran sound for him and some friends of mine every week when he was in the cover band. And every week something new would amaze me.

If all goes well I hope to work my way into taking some lessons from him.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

A guy of his skill playing in a trubute band? Man, the world of modern music really has its priorities fucked up.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              A guy of his skill playing in a trubute band? Man, the world of modern music really has its priorities fucked up.
              Well, it was his idea. He played for 2 years or so in a cover band. IIRC he's also working on a project or two with some heavy hitters. I know he had one project with a guy or two from Lamb Of God but I'm not sure how that stuff is going. He has also been going on tour with Marty Friedman. Marty has hired him as the 2nd guitarist.

So, the cover band and tribute band stuff is stuff he's doing for fun, not because priorities are all fucked up.
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Blotted Science's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

That's his project which initially had Chris Adler on drums.

The guy kicks ass... you can try to get ahold of his solo albums, I found "Solitary Speaking of Theoretical Confinement" and think it is awesome.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                  So, the cover band and tribute band stuff is stuff he's doing for fun, not because priorities are all fucked up.
                  I didnt mean because HIS priorities are all fucked up, I meant "music"... and what I meant by that is, a guy of his skill should be doing world tours, he shouldnt have any time for a tribute band!

Comment

Thanks for sharing that clip, killer tone!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                      http://www.myspace.com/blottedscience

That's his project which initially had Chris Adler on drums.

The guy kicks ass... you can try to get ahold of his solo albums, I found "Solitary Speaking of Theoretical Confinement" and think it is awesome.

Awesome! Heavier than Spastic Ink or his solo stuff. Hope this comes out soon! 4 clips from "Solitary Speaking..." here:

Ron Jarzombek's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

I ordered the two Spastic Ink cd's about 2 years ago and he sent me Solitary Thinking for free. Very cool of him. It's funny to listen to his brother play the spastic ink stuff and then hear him in something as mediocre as Demons & Wizards. Kind of funny too, that the singer from Watchtower was in Dangerous Toys. There's a bit of a switch musically.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                          I didnt mean because HIS priorities are all fucked up, I meant "music"... and what I meant by that is, a guy of his skill should be doing world tours, he shouldnt have any time for a tribute band!
                          Ok, I see what you meant. I agree.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

2 new tunes up on the Blotted Science page. The last minute or so of "Bleeding in the Brain" is just sick. Also, they just announced the CD comes out on 9/18, and they're taking preorders.

Comment

I need this!!!
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                              X