No announcement yet.

Morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I often disconnect my neck pickups and just run an 81 in the Bridge. I usually don't use the neck pick up for my cover stuff, and it's not like LOG would use the neck pickup that much either maybe. Probably looks confusing to most people in the know that are looking at it tho.

You can also run the active and passive in the same guitar, you just wouldn't want to run them together at the "same" time. Wired up to the switch to be ONLY one or the other running at any given time would be the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by JTD View Post
      That's just what I heard and it came from a source within the camp of Lamb of God....Come on you can't tell me that they don't have crafty and efficient techs who are capable of doing this? I saw a Pic where the bridge pickup had what looked like an EMG and the Neck pickup looked like a regular Seymour Duncan...you are also not suppose to be able to interchange active and passive either....so either its a cover in that particular pick or its a total rewiring. I have not seen the new one where there are 2 so I would like to see that one...however..I heard he was using the covers over the duncans so I am not saying I am 100% right since it didn't come directly from the mouth of Mark Morton...I am just saying that is what I heard from someone within the camp.
      sure, there are technicians capable of pulling apart an EMG to install the cover on a Duncan. But to what end? Seems like a lot of hard work just to fool some overly attentive fans.

He may have installed some kind of plastic cover over a Duncan, like the covers on Jackson pickups.
      Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      Well, I often disconnect my neck pickups and just run an 81 in the Bridge. I usually don't use the neck pick up for my cover stuff, and it's not like LOG would use the neck pickup that much either maybe. Probably looks confusing to most people in the know that are looking at it tho.
      Good point, John.

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      You can also run the active and passive in the same guitar, you just wouldn't want to run them together at the "same" time. Wired up to the switch to be ONLY one or the other running at any given time would be the ticket.
      yea, just consider them separate circuits when you wire them up, with appropriate K volume/tone for each pickup
      Hail yesterday

Comment

toejam, do you remember where you saw the pic with the emg's (not that I doubt you -- just havent seen any pics of his gear in quite a while).

edit -- nevermind... looked in the thread itself at the aforementioned youtube clips
        Last edited by I Am Odin; 09-29-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

There was another pic I saw not too long ago, it was a huge close-up pic, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X