No announcement yet.

I have a new found respect for Yngvie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=akoch;991076]"A lot of people think Ronald Reagan defeated the Evil Empire"

Hm, I always thought that the Evil Empire was the States tough.

QUOTE]

Well it all depends on perspective, I guess, but yeah that must have been awsome to see!!

Comment

just watch this video and imagine if you would, that you had no idea who this guy was, and you'd never heard this "style" before.

this is early Yngwie and
      he's fucking ripping in this one
      Last edited by kmanick; 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That's probably my favorite live version of that song. From Live in Japan '85, I have it on VHS -lol. It's an awesome concert with the "classic" lineup - Jeff Scott Soto and the Johannsen brothers.

Watching this reminded me of something - I miss Jens on keys. Unleash the Fury was the first Yngwie cd I bought since Eclipse and remember thinking, "where are the guitar/keyboard duels?". I miss those from the earlier albums.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The Johansson family

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
          Watching this reminded me of something - I miss Jens on keys.
          I sure do too. Both Jens and Anders Johansson are really great musicians. Speaking of which, have you heard their father Jan Johansson? His was a truly amazing jazz pianist! You can check him out here:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
            just watch this video and imagine if you would, that you had no idea who this guy was, and you'd never heard this "style" before.

this is early Yngwie and
            he's fucking ripping in this one

Far Beyond the Sun is a phenominal piece.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

I was in an Yngwie mood last night, and dragged out the old Trial By Fire - Live in Leningrad video for a viewing. Still good stuff!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X