Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch is getting better:)

Seems like Lynch is starting to play better again

Lynch guitar clinic 5/18/07. Shows off some new gear including his new Randall "Lynch Box" amp. Be sure to check out video 2.

I mean he souds really nice here and his technique is pretty solid

Comment

Looking it again i really like it

Comment

He'll always be one of my guitar heroes. I'm not going to ordering any diecast action figures of him, but I'll still listen to him play at any given opportunity.

Comment

love his playing.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Lynch is getting better

Originally posted by tolstoi View Post
            He'll always be one of my guitar heroes. I'm not going to ordering any diecast action figures of him, but I'll still listen to him play at any given opportunity.
            Now that was FUNNY! I agree, no action figures for me, but I still really dig Lynch's playing. He's not quite as focused as he used to be, but overall still sounds really good and has retained his signature style.
            GM,
            www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by HiOctane View Post
              Now that was FUNNY! I agree, no action figures for me, but I still really dig Lynch's playing. He's not quite as focused as he used to be, but overall still sounds really good and has retained his signature style.

I agree 100%

That was much more focused than when I saw him..which was a trainwreck!

I saw him in his prime several times..not quite the same these days..but still pretty good tho!!
              Last edited by horns666; 09-17-2007, 01:17 AM.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Is that an ESP neck on his tiger? That headstock looks fugly!
                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Good guitarist but absolute nothing on his Godlike former self. Plus I heard he'll play anything who pays him the right amount of money, and this Randall "Lynchbox" sounds like utter shite.

Comment

that's an esp neck but this newest headstock shape (same one as on his new signature v's) is pretty close to the old karl sandoval neck that was on his tiger striped guitar first.

Comment

this is a nice rendition......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

jon

Comment

Originally posted by jonsgon View Post
                        this is a nice rendition......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

jon
                        Yeah, but that's the OLD Lynch we ALL know..anything "classic" will be good..that's a no brainer.

He's hit or miss these days..and when he does "hit" it doesn't have the power it once did...IMO

IMO I was listening to more advanced players when Lynch was still "the shit"..such as Andre Corbin, and Mark MCgee...and all the 80's guys EVERYONE knows about..Greg Howe, Tony MacAlpine, Joey Tafolla, Vinnie Moore, Andy LaRoque, Vai, Mike Romeo, Jason, Becker, Marty Freidman, Reb Beach, Doug Aldrich, Paul Gilbert, Warren D..George could NOT hang with ANY of the guys these days.

George did his job, such as Ed..they had their time and inspired many who took the torch and ran with it..so hail!

George is sedate to compared to Jeff Loomis, Olaf Lenk, Jorn Viggo Loftad, Chris Broderick, Roy Z, Tore Otsby..and those mentioned above.

That's OK..The 1984 Corvette was America's fastest production car at that time, but could it keep up with the new C6 or Vipers..NOPE!

It's the same progression as Waters/King to Hendrix/Page to EVH/YJM and so on..

Does that mean those guys sucked..no, they were awesome.

There is one exception..Uli keeps getting better. He's a quirky dude but what he does is untouchable. He is NOT a metal player/shredder therefore he's much overlooked, no endorments for him, that's not his agenda. He invented the 7 string and 40 frets is a requirement..not to "show off"..but soley for dynamics.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think George Van Eps might have him on the 7 string invention bill...he was playing one on jazz records back in the 50s/60s, an epiphone archtop to be more specific

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                            I think George Van Eps might have him on the 7 string invention bill...he was playing one on jazz records back in the 50s/60s, an epiphone archtop to be more specific
                            No shit..well then, George Van Eps it is.

I'll check him out..

Comment

Man, I haven't heard Lynch play anything like this in years.......

Great to see him "back in the game" !!!!!

I have been a fan of his since the late 80's, but he got kinda lazy in my opinion, after he left Dokken the second time.

Comment

Working...
                              X