No announcement yet.

New EVH Wolfgang Prototype - Pics Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the video's, and I agree, as much as i hate to admit it Ed is sounding great, however dave left me lack luster and well Wolfgang does not even have the right to be standing on that stage. He is only there because he was the fastest swimmer out of Eddies nutsack. However I dont think he would be anymore, maybe he should take notes from his mom and haul his fat ass off to Jenny Craig!

Honestly, Both Sammy and Micheal out class Eddie and Alex any day! Van Halen with Roth is just not the same with out micheals backround vocals, that was classic VH and always will be.

As to wanting to go see the show, I would rather wait till the DVD hits $9.99 at best buy so this way I am only putting $2.50 in Ed's pocket, It will make me feel better knowing he cant even afford a pack of cigerettes off of what i paid!

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
    Stop it! (i have listened...and its about 60% of the old Van Halen..
    and DLR is the weakest member! I need to send you some Jack Daniels
    quick ! Of everything ive seen in the new videos... only EVH is kickin
    ASS! Alex a close 2nd... Wolfie forgettable at best. Shit I could play
    bass on this tour! :ROTF:
    Last edited by siggy14; 09-21-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I played a Wolfie Special back in the 90`s and gotta say, it sounded and played great!! It had the tunamatic bridge and I think it was a gold top. I would actually like to buy one. Should have bought that one!!

Jack

Comment

I think the original MM EVH models had OFR's while the new axis's have gotoh FR's.....

VH are sounding Great...

It's good to see them play with so much fire...

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I constantly hit my volume knob on my SD-1 Koa..it's dangerously close to where your hand rests. So as you're chuggin' away..you can hear it gradually "clean up"..I HATE that!!!

It's my main guitar since '95..you'd think I'd adjust my playing to avoid that..but you really can't..it's right fuggin' there.
          Have you tried taking the knob off and putting a rubber o-ring on the pot-shaft then putting the knob back on? It adds friction so the knob is harder to turn.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I think the wolfie is ugly, and they took the only thing I thought was interesting (the headstock) and made it look like a fist act guitar neck.

I am sure it plays well though.

Getting VH together is like herding cats. There is no way to get them all together at once. Screwing MA is just crazy. Ed should want Wolfie to succeed on his own merits.

I am pretty sure he has the time, money, and genetics to play/perform. Not to mention the gear lying around his house.

I think Ed did great, Dave looked great and sounded good. Not perfect, but oh well. MA's vocals were missed, but the backup sounded OK.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
              Have you tried taking the knob off and putting a rubber o-ring on the pot-shaft then putting the knob back on? It adds friction so the knob is harder to turn.
              yeah..I was thinking of something along those lines, because it''s very well worn and noiseless. Perfect for doing "cathedral" ..whether you want to or not..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                Hmmm once again nothing new or different from ED. I can only imagine what that thing will cost. Im guessing around $2000 for a MIM version and $6000 for a USA version. Just my guess..
                If so, then picking up an older import MM/Peavey for around $650 will
                be a frickin Steal ! You can buy a USA model, in mint condition (94'
                to 99' era) for around $1400 to $1700.00 Another STEAL imo...
                FMIC is doing the huge money grab again most likely.

Comment

I hope Ed will have diffrent types of guitars as I have not been that big of a fan of the wolfie's as they don't feel as good to me as the strat shapes.
                  It may be worth looking into NAMM tickets this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                    I think the original MM EVH models had OFR's while the new axis's have gotoh FR's.....
                    Hi; I'm not over here much but I am and EBMM user and keep up a bit on their models. The EVHs also had Gotoh FR but it was a slightly different version than what they currently use for the Axis. I belive the saddles were cast differently or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X