Lillian Axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lillian Axe

I got to see them the other night at Station 4 here in Saint Paul. All I have to say - if you have the chance, GET OUT AND SUPPORT THESE GUYS!! They are amazing musicians - very tight, and pro all the way. They nailed all the old stuff, and the new stuff sounded great too. I had free passes to go see them, and almost felt guilty for using them...there were only about 100 people there. Let's just call it...intimate. I felt kinda bad about it actually, but the bar doesn't really advertise, so I guess you can't say it was the band's fault. Anyway, I was about 10 feet from Steve Blaze the whole night. What a great player - and that's the understatement of the century. Great set, and good times.

For the gear heads, he was playing:
    Peavey JSX head, and a Peavey 6505 head (backup I think)
    Digitech effects
    Basson cabs - 3 of them.
    PRS guitar
    Guilford custom guitar
    Acoustic (I can't recall though...)

It was a great night. I hope they'll come back again some time. Steve is the only original member left, but the new singer Derrick sounds NUTS ON to Ron Taylor. If you didn't look, you wouldn't know there was a new singer. The rest of the band (minus the bassist) has been with Steve for the better part of more than 5 years, so they were tight.

I saw that advertised. I didn't think it would be the original group. Figured it was just some hacks who stole the name!

Damn! Wish I would have went.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately most of the band has gone down their own paths: Jon Ster is in Michigan, and plays in a local band there. He had some "law problems" I understand. Tommy Stewart was in Godsmack, but that wa a while back. No idea what he's doing. Ron and Darrin are in a band in TX - Ron is still singing, and Darrin is now playing guitar.

With that said, Steve was really the major force behind that band. He wrote most of the music and you can still tell that even on the new record as it still sounds like LA - more in the "Psychoschizophrenia" era vibe though. With the singer sounding just like Ron did, and Steve doing the same background vocals (MAN!! He sings ALOT!!), you are hard-pressed to find any weak spots with this band. Unfortunately, they get lumped in as a "has-been" band. They're NOT. They still bring it.

Comment

Lillian Axe

I saw them at the Revolution in Cleveland, OH a few years back when the original singer was still with them. Maybe 100 people in attendance, but they still gave it their all. A truly underrated band in all respects, and they were every bit as good as they were when I saw them back at their peak of popularity.
        GM,
        www.aftershok.com

Comment

Working...
        X