No announcement yet.

Steve Hackett duking it out with Paul Gilbert and Nuno Bettencourt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way I enjoyed his stuff from the youtube vids.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      Actually, I really couldn't care less about your point.

My point is that all the bickering about who's the better guitarist is actually kinda silly. They BOTH have a lot to teach US, so let's stop debating and start learning.
      well, did I said who is schooling who or vice-versa.... or who is a better guitar player.... NO!!! I said it's not a fucking contest.... so get off my back... I happen to like all the players mentioned in this thread
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I think the link took me to the wrong video.....

Comment

Fuck this, Theodore Ziras owns them all in every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            Howe and Yes is great... one of my favs. but they don't smoke Genesis in any way... it's not another stupid wankfest contest... both have made some brilliant music... unlike in today's prog metal, the musicians in real prog rock don't smoke eachother.... totally different generation
            Very different bands, guitarwise I much prefer Howe but... Yes is one of my fav 70s band but so is Genesis as long as it was the Gabriel, Hackett version, and I find it really hard to compare the 2 even though people always do,And as far as I'm concerned Genesis with Phil Collins out front is not the same band in any way shape or form although the first 2 with him were not bad (Hackett was still there)
            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

This is by far the most hilarious thread i've ever seen on the JCF...

Gilbert, Bettencourt, and who? Some dude who somehow makes a guitar look as cool as an accordian and plays in a band with that "kick ass rock and roll frontman" Phil Collens. :ROTF:

Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                This is by far the most hilarious thread i've ever seen on the JCF...

Gilbert, Bettencourt, and who? Some dude who somehow makes a guitar look as cool as an accordian and plays in a band with that "kick ass rock and roll frontman" Phil Collens. :ROTF:

Please.
                Steve Hackett was in Genesis when Gabriel was the front man,Phil Collins still had hair and was the drummer. he bailed a couple albums after Gabriel left before they became a radio friendly pop band like Extreme. If you've never heard early Genesis check out some early stuff as was previously mentioned. Like The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Foxtrot, Nursery Crime etc. May not be your thing but I wouldn't ignorantly assume all Genesis sounds like Abacab era bullshit. It's like comparing Nu Matallica to MOP or Ride the Lightning. And when did how cool you look have anything to do with how the music sounds?? Maybe if he painted his nails
                Last edited by blindmuddy; 10-03-2007, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Whatever...

Just goes to show how relevant and memorable Genesis ever were.

To each his own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                    Whatever...

Just goes to show how relevant and memorable Genesis ever were.

To each his own I guess.
                    You're definitely right about one thing, they're not memorable in a Milli Vanilli, dicso, hair band kinda way but they were definitely relevant

Comment

The only thing truly relevant about those early Genesis albums was Peter Gabriel's influence. There are some great moments on Selling England By The Pound, Hackett's playing on Firth Of Fifth particularly stands out, but man, those inspired moments are few and far between...as evidenced by the "kickass" clips presented here. Plus, the majority of it is as boring as hell.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

dude if you want something that's boring as hell then listen to Racer X
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

are you girls still at this pointless argument?
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            dude if you want something that's boring as hell then listen to Racer X

Nah, I can't stand that guys voice. I'd rather just keep reading your posts to get my fill of boredom.
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

rock on Jimbo

Comment

Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                                X