Van Halen Show Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
    Larz, thanks for the link, lots of good pics.

BTW - I understand not posting the setlist but can you post the link for it? That way people can choose to look or not

This is where I saw it:

Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      Man, people are posting too fast. My buddy (muzzdrums) went last night and said Ed used a striped guitar (don't ask for specifics, he's a drummer -lol) for one song.
      I read on another forum that it was a black Charvel with white stripes and with the numbers "2007" on it.
      I'd love to see a pic of that one!

Comment

yeah he had a black strat with white stripes and a black pickguard, and the "2007" on it, along with another darker one with white and black stripes and no pickguards...pretty sure both of these had charvel logos with the "EVH" logo in the ball part of the headstock. He also played an old-school frankenstein, and did all his own pedal switching as well.

Comment

Good info, but what did you think of the show??
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
            yeah he had a black strat with white stripes and a black pickguard, and the "2007" on it ....
            Sorta like a reverse VH1 B/W model?
            Where were the "2007" numbers? ... same as where they are on the 5150?

Comment

the show was great....played a lot of hits, wish they'd played deeper cuts off the albums like house of pain, dirty movies!, take your whiskey home etc but they played a real solid set. musically they were real tight, especially vocally, much better than in those rehearsal videos on youtube. the chemistry between dlr and evh was definitely there, if anyone can get tickets i highly recommend going!

the "2007" was below the bridge like the 5150 and 1984 on his other guitars.

Comment

Hey guys,
                Looks like EVH is once again offering hand striped concert guitars (in reverse colors!) for the new 2007 tour.

Check em out! ...
                The Official Site of EVH Art Series Guitars - the Ultimate One-Of-A-Kind Collectible Art Guitar

Note the black Charvel with white stripes and the "2007" numbers.
                I'm thinking that must be the one he played in Charlotte.

Comment

Yeah! He played the one to the right of it in that lineup too.

Comment

That is cool, has he ever auctioned off those concert used autographed models before? Must fetch a nice price I imagine.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      That is cool, has he ever auctioned off those concert used autographed models before? Must fetch a nice price I imagine.
                      They did a similar promotion for the 2004 tour.
                      They were sold through ebay with a starting bid of $5,150.

Comment

That's fantastic news... can't wait to see them!
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Great info.
                          I hope I can get tickets for the show.

Comment

Considering that i just checked on Disney's "Hanna Montana" tickets..
                            (hey its for my grandkids!) And they started at $135.00! There were
                            $240 tickets in the UPPER DECK !!! Quality tickets in the front sections
                            were going for around $320.00! So i guess i can get off my high horse
                            about Fenders money grab...cause EVERYONE is doing it. This may be
                            the end of my live concert going. I want to see Ozzy/RobZombie in Nov.
                            but if they are $150 too...forget it!

Comment

I guess I had greater expectations or something but I came away underwhelmed. They had no energy and everyone for the most part stood in place. Wolfgang trying to fill Mike's shoes was just not cutting it IMHO. Dave did the flag thing and did sing well but he did not exhibit much fire that I expected. Wolfgang wandered out of his spot a few times but for the most part just stood there.

It was a big downer to me not to have Mike A. there. He is 1/4 of the legend of Van Halen and I had a hard time with him not being there.

Does anyone who went to the Charlotte show know why the jumbotron was not working? I wonder it if was intentional or technical...
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X