• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing them Oct 24th in Minneapolis.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin View Post
      I hate to say I told you so..but I fuckin' told you so!!

Mike
      Yeah..you did. I was waiting so long for this ..since my wife was 16. So, I decided..hmmm I'll do this VH thing myself..outta love ..ya know.

I'd never thought I'd see the day Dave back in VH.. Ed playing all the goodies...but he's doing it with all the fire he ever had!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Going to see the show in Cleveland in a few hours. I've been waiting for this for over 20 years. This will fucking rule.

Comment

It was a religious experience

Comment

gah why are tickets so fucking expensive - 2 shows in Michigan here and I can't afford to go to either of them!

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
              Going to see the show in Cleveland in a few hours. I've been waiting for this for over 20 years. This will fucking rule.
              You crazy bastid..you're going to be right in my backyard!!!!

Why does that sound so gay..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Anyone with any doubt about the new Van Halen owes it to themself to see this tour. Good Lord! The old Eddie is back...as is the old Van Halen. Honestly. I was even a little surprised..even though I was expecting it to be really good. Eddie is playing with that fire again...and he looks happy again. All of the tones are there from the amp. Its that classic VH I tone. He's using all of the effects from the early days. It finally sounds like Van Halen again.

Comment

That's great to hear! I just hope they add an Atlanta date.

BTW - a couple questions about some tunes. For Jump and I'll Wait, is Eddie playing keys or are they using pre-recorded tracks? Also, the intro to Cradle Will Rock. Is Eddie doing that on guitar? I've never seen a live clip of that song and have always wondering how Eddie does it live.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    That's great to hear! I just hope they add an Atlanta date.

BTW - a couple questions about some tunes. For Jump and I'll Wait, is Eddie playing keys or are they using pre-recorded tracks? Also, the intro to Cradle Will Rock. Is Eddie doing that on guitar? I've never seen a live clip of that song and have always wondering how Eddie does it live.
                    We did those songs to a click track. We never trainwrecked on them...thanks to our drummer.

It's so awesome Ed is doing and sounding great!!!

I missed the show last night..I was talking to Endrik at the time. I'm going if they return. I'm getting the dvd the day it comes out.

Comment

The keys stuff is prerecorded. However, he is controlling the Cradle Will Rock keys with some kind of pedal. There is no way that is a guitar and flanger, it sounds just like the record.

And yes, the tone is on the money...and tuned down again for the first time since 1984.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Brian, is it really that good? i saw all of the Roth tours luckily, and I thought they peaked at Fair warning as far as live playing and performing went. I had a chance to go for free on a Sunday night a couple of weeks ago at the forum for an industry only show, and I shined it. There was less than 1000 people at the forum, so it would have been great, but I just kinda wasn't into it, but if you say it's that good, then i've got my dunce cap on for not going. that's saying alot if he's playing like the early Eddie.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy...I shit you not. Dave is pretty damn good. Not quite exactly how he used to be. He sings things a little differently...its hard to explain....but its still Dave & it is still great.
                          But what you really need to see & hear is Eddie. It sounds like classic Van Halen again...something Eddie has not done for quite some time. That big ass killer guitar tone from VH I is there tearing your face off. He's using the flanger & the phase 90. He's playing his old licks right on the money with authority & a smile like he used to. When you have that going on....with DLR right there next to him......Damn. It rules.
                          I know it sucks that Mike is not there...but the rest of it was good that I did get over Mike's absence.
                          You should have gone & checked it out.

Comment

I love you guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X