CC's Nagel Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC's Nagel Soloist

I think that's the name of the Artist that does those graphics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdv8ZSvdsdc
    Out Of Ideas

I think it's a bolt on, not a soloist, but yeah, Nagel.

Here's a pick of the "Jackson" I own and it has my favorite Nagel on it.
    It has the correct pickup cover with graphic on it now. I think Sully put it all right.
    I lifted the image off Sully's site, as he owned it before me and still has pics hosted:

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Nah, it's a Soloist, but it looks like he might have had the neck stripped - it used to have some writing up the back (One up the B-side?), but at some points in that clip it looks to be oiled. Could just be the lighting though. Whatever, he had some very cool guitars.....
      Last edited by neilli; 09-29-2007, 04:45 PM.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I couldn't see the lack of neckplate or not, but I did see that the Jackson logo was missing. I had just assumed the natural finished neck meant bolt on. Thanks for the clarification.
        GMW (Dan Lawrence) did this one similar to CCs (smaller head, and the geometric shape is white instead of black, but similar (from the GMW site):
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't think the logo is missing - it's a darkish red colour so most likely it just didn't show up in that clip...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
            I think it's a bolt on, not a soloist, but yeah, Nagel.

Here's a pick of the "Jackson" I own and it has my favorite Nagel on it.
            It has the correct pickup cover with graphic on it now. I think Sully put it all right.
            I lifted the image off Sully's site, as he owned it before me and still has pics hosted:

hey 442w30 i use to own that guitar as well, i bought it from tracy a long while ago and i think i sold it to justin at jc guitars and if i'm not mistaken sully bought it from him, anyway it is on eof my favorite nagel graphics as well

jon

Comment

That Jackson is cool...I've never seen him play that one. There were some shots in there of his Nagel BC Rich Gunslinger...which is the one I think he played more often. I always liked the color scheme on it.

Comment

I've got a pic in an old Circus Magazine somewhere with C.C. playing that Soloist, and it indeed has a red headstock logo, but the back of the neck is painted black. Looks like it's got one humbucker that's pink, and there appears to be no "Made In USA" on the headstock.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here, just scanned it from a 1992 Circus mag.

Brett's also playing a one-hum bolt-on Jackson with Bengal graphic (you can see the headstock, I just couldn't fit the rest of it in the scan).
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jonsgon View Post
                    hey 442w30 i use to own that guitar as well, i bought it from tracy a long while ago and i think i sold it to justin at jc guitars and if i'm not mistaken sully bought it from him, anyway it is on eof my favorite nagel graphics as well

jon
                    yeah, she's been passed around, eh? i loved the graphic more than the guitar, sadly. i think that the short scale threw it off for me or something; it played really well, i loved the ebony board and hugeass frets, but there was something about that just kept it from being a main player. i did swap that jackson pickup out for the custom, and felt bad about pulling the cover off, but it sounds like it's back to how it was.

i talked to dan lawrence about that guitar years ago, he still remembers shooting it, and was the only one that he did in that pose. a few years ago, i found the original nagel pic that inspired the paintjob, and it's still cool to me. i've got a chandler project that i plan on nageling myself. here's a link to the mockup:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sullyvi...7594519280433/

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                    X