Hear n Aid documentary vid about the guitar solos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear n Aid documentary vid about the guitar solos

Check it out! I remember somebody talking about this a while back. The whole deal is on YouTube, but here's the part we're all interested in...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i love the David St. Hubbins commentary...go Spinal Pap!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Maybe I don't have the ear that you guys do, but the only guys whose styles I can pick out are Gillis, Lynch, and Yngwie, with Lynch the most recognizable.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had the VHS tape of thing way back when, was pretty cool, have to see if I can dig it out. I remember Vivian, Lynch, Yngwie, Cavazo, Schon, Eddie Ojeda playing guitar parts. Some others I must be forgetting.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

i have seen the whole vid - the vocalists were terrible!!! they sounded so rubbish on the vid, out of tune, out of time, couldn't hit notes properly, i wonder how on earth they were dooing it proffessionally

Comment

i think craig goldies solos where very distinctive

Comment

Haven't seen the behind the scenes in a long time.
              I still have the 12" single somewhere.

It's funny, after all these years only Lynch and Yngwie stand out to me on the leads.
              That's the golden years for Lynch, his chops were undeniable then.
              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Cool, thanks Steve,
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like Buck Dharma's and Lynch's the most.

I love how Brad Gillis is going nuts while he's recording his solo

If you look, there is a part 1 where they show the vocalists doing their thing, and a part 3 that shows the video in its entirety.

Comment

Cool to see Brad Gillis play his Fernandes signature model, there aren't many of those around. It basically was a copy of his famous 1961 strat.

Such a cool guitar

Comment

this is yours?????:O very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
                        this is yours?????:O very cool.
                        Oh how I wish it was but no...

Comment

I always thought Gillis as a monster on guitars. Yeah, he DOES seem to vamp quite a bit, during his take, but, many others did, too. Seemed like Buck was one of the few, and I found his to be one of the more unique.
                          The vocalists seemed a bit worse than I remember. I've listened to the song, countless times over the years, but haven't had the chance to see all this footage again, since when it was fresh and new. Kinda sad to see Vince talking about kids, knowing later on, he lost his own.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

What is the song called and where can I hear it? I've never heard this before!
                            sigpic
                            And on the 8th day,
                            God kicked back with a beer,
                            And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Hear n' Aid's song called "We Are Stars" from 1985 or so. Rockers for hunger type thing following Live Aid.

I think it was Vivian Campbell's idea?
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X