Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday kicks ass.
    As does lucky star.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Ace Is God!!!!!!!!
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        dude, there's a lot of great pop out there, the best songwriters/producers/musicians in the world are involved in pop music

you don't have to train your ears to understand what a good song is

and it's a bigger challenge to write a simple 3 min pop song wich everyone would like than doing a 30 min epic wankfest and claiming it an art
        That's the smartest thing that anyone has said here in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          dude, there's a lot of great pop out there, the best songwriters/producers/musicians in the world are involved in pop music

you don't have to train your ears to understand what a good song is

and it's a bigger challenge to write a simple 3 min pop song wich everyone would like than doing a 30 min epic wankfest and claiming it an art
          +1
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I've said this since '85...you think Marylin Monroe was big (pop goddess-wise)? Wait until Madonna kicks the bucket. She appears too sensible to go off in a mysterious way, though. She'll own Hollywood by the time she's through.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
              Holiday kicks ass.
              As does lucky star.
              Yes, they were decent tunes. I also enjoyed Dress You Up... that one even had a guitar player in the video with a decent solo.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All I know is that I haven't been able to get the video for "Material Girl" out of my head since this thread has started
                "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  All I know is that I haven't been able to get the video for "Material Girl" out of my head since this thread has started
                  Did someone mention Marylin Monroe?....Oh, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
                    Who cares about Madonna... She is completely irrelevant in the world of guitar music. That's like caring about rap or chinese music or something.
                    No offence to any asian people out there

And i just bought Zeng Xiao's.. new album.."my ricshaw's on 26's"! Im deeply
                    hurt.

Comment

you guys are all missing the boat on this deal.

the point is, she is saying FU to the record companies. this deal is for concert tours and yes also music publishing, but she is yet another artist who is bailing on the record company/RIAA suits (dicks who sue grandmothers and 14 yr olds), and forging a new kind of deal where the record companies are left to look in from the outside.

this is a GOOD thing people, it's not about whether you like her pop music or not, it's about putting the current record industry paradigm on its ass.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        And i just bought Zeng Xiao's.. new album.."my ricshaw's on 26's"! Im deeply
                        hurt.
                        :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                        X