No announcement yet.

The Kerry King Whammy Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow..look at that score. Poor Kerry..he would cry if he was here.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Like it or not ..it's a image/charisma thing. It definitely works for them. Zakk and Kerry's beard has the same kind of appeal as Britney's tits..ya see what I'm sayin..
      That's like comparing apples and silicon.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
        That's like comparing apples and silicon.
        That's right!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Wow..look at that score. Poor Kerry..he would cry if he was here.
          Hey, that's OK. I can live with it. Cause I always take the higher ground. Who's runnin' this poll anyway? Diebold?

Comment

The only time I've seen Slayer live Kerry sounded like he was playing a tractor. I think it was the 1990 tour when they played Wembley Arena with Suicidal Tendencies and Testament.

They also tried to record a live vid of them playing War Ensemble but miming, the crowd were a tinsy bit displeased with this and made that displeasure known, resulting in them wondering around the stage for about 10 minutes, not knowing what to do. In the end they played along live, but it never got released I think as it happened to coincide with the first Gulf war. But somehow I think they might have edited out the massed "Fuck off ya cunts, booo" bits out of it.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

That doesn't sound like any Slayer show I ever heard of, but whatever you say.

Comment

He's good at what he does, but his solos are more humor than awe.
                Scott

Comment

It's just part of a formula that made the band successful. People liked it, and that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
                    That doesn't sound like any Slayer show I ever heard of, but whatever you say.
                    Well I'm assuming you've not been to every show they've done have you, or are you such a fanboy you follow them everywhere?

So roll your eyes all you want... Tit!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

And some very little digging on Youtube, finds me

I didn't realise they'd actually used the footage,

Oh look and it's at Wembley in 1990, hmm, and the lip sync is spot on. Oh well!

Comment

Kerry King is great at unleashing the fighting turkeys hiding within his guitar cabinets.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          Well I'm assuming you've not been to every show they've done have you, or are you such a fanboy you follow them everywhere?

So roll your eyes all you want... Tit!
                          Some people seem to get such pleasure from hacking on the success of others. I guess there are all kinds of hacks aren't there... Hack!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                            Kerry is a hack, no doubt, and that whole "We're bad-ass motherf@#$ers!" thing is sad and played out. Same reason why I don't listen to lots of other metal bands, like BLS. Just play some f'ing music, and stop trying to be so friggin tough.
                            Doesn't matter. When they put out Reign In Blood back in 1986, most people shit their pants after hearing it. The way people played metal had been changed forever!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
                              Some people seem to get such pleasure from hacking on the success of others. I guess there are all kinds of hacks aren't there... Hack!
                              Nasty cough you have there.

I'll quote my original posting to you, just in case you're a bit daft and have trouble with scrolling.

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                              The only time I've seen Slayer live Kerry sounded like he was playing a tractor. I think it was the 1990 tour when they played Wembley Arena with Suicidal Tendencies and Testament.

They also tried to record a live vid of them playing War Ensemble but miming, the crowd were a tinsy bit displeased with this and made that displeasure known, resulting in them wondering around the stage for about 10 minutes, not knowing what to do. In the end they played along live, but it never got released I think as it happened to coincide with the first Gulf war. But somehow I think they might have edited out the massed "Fuck off ya cunts, booo" bits out of it.
                              Which is the part you have issue with, is it the part I describe his sound that night sounding like a John Deere with a miss-fire, or is it the fact the crowd didn't like the fact that they wanted us to act all happy as they recorded a video along to a backing track, whilst we'd all paid to see a live gig?

I think you'll find I never made an attack on his playing or his technique or whatever, I merely stated the fact that his sound was dire that night. What they were like the rest of that tour I couldn't tell you.

So I fail to see how anything my original post or the subsequent ones are hacking at King and Slayer's success? I've attacked you for your rudimentary use of sarcasm, but that's it. So if I've upset you, I'm very, very sorry, you ignorant cunt

P.S. I didn't mean it, the winky that is.

Comment

..wtf:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X