Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH -North Carolina Nightmare -makes you wanna jump

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/1...es-microtonal/
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

I saw that posted on a few other forums. HORRIBLE!!!!

I was wondering what had happened in that clip, and was thinking that someone would lose their job over it.

Comment

yikes

Comment

I think DLR did a better job pulling it off than EVH did....And I'd like to think that EVH would do a better job doing the tune in a different note..(But I don't know how much the hertz-stuff will do to a tone so...)..

They still finished the tune..I'm looking forward to seeing more of the live-stuff!
        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Could have had a real keyboard player in person on stage...but then
          EVH would have to pay the guy!! Cant have that.. :ROTF:

Comment

wow that sounded so awful. if I were them I'd have stopped it and done something different.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

You'd think the great EVH would know how to shift everything up half a step?!

Comment

Wow got to give it to Dave for roll roll rolling with the punches. I doubt Eddie could hear anything on that stage he seemed clueless to the obvious unintentional key change. could be worse they could have riverdanced on the stage as that that Ashlee simpson did
                http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

I don't have that good of an ear, but chances are it was not shifted exactly a half step

Comment

WOW! I bet somebody got a ass chewing.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      I don't have that good of an ear, but chances are it was not shifted exactly a half step
                      I'm thinking the same thing. It was definitely a higher pitch but you can hear EVH hit the proper note it should be, then the note above what's playing. Then he tries to tune to the right pitch.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

It was half a step almost exactly, I checked with a tuner.

Comment

lol at the comments:

"Van Halen actually did an impressive job of adapting his voice, while the guitarists wandered around stage wondering why their guitars suddenly sounded like shite."
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Van Halen Horror!!!!

And now for a Friday musical interlude, we bring you Van Halen caught on its comeback tour, except there was one big problem and it involved gadgets. What happens when you play back a prerecorded synthesizer track at 48K instead of the intended 44.1K? The whole track plays back a little bit faster and at a slightly higher pitch, that's what. A dissonant musical mess ensues, trapping the guitarist and bassist in an on-stage musical hell with nowhere to go.
                            http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/train-wre...len-313005.php

Comment

:ROTF: That is so bad, I had to turn it off after 20-30 seconds. It was hurting my ears. I wonder why they just didn't stop? Oh, well on with the show
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X