Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Avenged Sevenfold Songs are damn good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music is ok, the vocals absolutely blow. I could listen to this at a party but I wouldn't buy it.

Comment

I guess it depends on who you like for a singer. Who do you like as singers?

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      Music is ok, the vocals absolutely blow. I could listen to this at a party but I wouldn't buy it.

Comment

eh I've only heard City of Evil and I really like it despite the whiny singing. This singing isn't any better IMO it sounds like he has been wandering the desert and desperately needs some water.

The guitar work in "Almost Easy" sounds boring and random to me as opposed to something like "Beast and the Harlot" where the leads kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
          I guess it depends on who you like for a singer. Who do you like as singers?
          I guess I'm more old school. Some of my faves are Paul Rodgers, Robert Plant, old Rod Stewart, Dio (great singer, stupid lyrics), Sebastian Bach, Ozzy (Sabbath and 1st three solo albums), Paul Shortino, Halford, Layne Staley, Doug Pinnick...I'm sure that I'm forgetting a few.

I hate the cookie monster and screaming crap (COB might be listenable if someone shoved a sock in Alexi's mouth) that seems to be in style these days. As for A7X vocals, they just seem too derivative of alot of todays pop rock...I'm not hearing anything that moves me. I would listen to rest of this album based on the music though.

Comment

Well I can't listen to the new stuff at work. But I liked COE I thought it was good.
            I think the dummer is bad ass. He does some cool stuf on COE.
            Last edited by Gunner; 10-24-2007, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Vocal sounds exactly like Chris Jericho from Fozzy. A7x are a good band but they haven't really gelled with me fully.There is something about their overall sound that I don't love.

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

Don`t like it. Not my style I guess.

Jack

Comment

It's funny I hated this band 'till their last album and I really got into it. I went back and tried to listen to it recently and it's not bad but the singing eventually did get annoying. This new stuff sounds watered down or something. It's like they rushed it out.
                    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

The singer is somewhat annoting but there's some cool stuff on the new CD. One song sounds alot like Mr. Bungle, Wasn't expecting that!
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

if you guys want to listen to the rest of the album, MTV is leaking it here http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/av...ged_sevenfold/

Comment

Already have the new CD burned. The first few songs are pretty good and then the rest of the CD sucks. This is coming from someone who liked the last one. The 2nd half of the new CD just gets bigtime lost. They make lame attempts at ballads and one song even sounds country.

Comment

Working...
                          X