Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I introduced our bassplayer to Billy Sheehan's playing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
    We were talking about Mr. Big and I told him that that band was more than just that sappy "To be with you" ballad and showed him this clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRuOQtg-pJ0

His reaction: "How the fuck does he do that? I never saw anybody play a bass like that before."

Straight away he tried his hand at doing some of that crazy shredding on bass and much to his own astonishment, he did a decent job. He said "Man, I really have to learn more about Bassplayers like him."

So it'll be an interresting rehearsal next sunday when he shows the fruits of this discovery.
    Have your bass player get a copy of Steve Vai's Live at the Astoria London DVD. Billy rips it up for the entire 3 hour video. I would also have your drummer check out Virgil Donati's drum solo on the same DVD (at the end of Incantation). Also, the bass player on Dream Theatre's Live at the Budokan had come very nice licks, much like Billy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      I'm going to see Billy on Sunday. With Tony MacAlpine and Virgil Donati.
      If you get the chance call the guitar tech a Welsh tit for me would you. Tell him Huw told you to say it.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
      X