It'll be memorable but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be memorable but...

...gee, they do make it difficult to collect these tickets! It's only R'n'R....

Sent: 04 October 2007 20:29
    To: Surfreak
    Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE - ahmettribute.com

Ahmet Ertegun Tribute (1923 - 2006) <http://www.ignition.co.uk/prize/images/ahmet_logo.gif>

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BALLOT WINNERS

Congratulations on winning the ballot.

Please note that your passcode is not transferable.

Please note your ticket will not be transferable.

The ballot was set up to allow the fairest way for fans to obtain a ticket.

The passcodes are not transferable and belong only to the winning registrant.

The tickets are not transferable.

Winning applicants;

You have successfully won the opportunity to buy a pair of tickets to the concert.

In order to collect your tickets you will have to do the following;

* Bring the credit card that you used to purchase the tickets

* Bring state issued Photo ID

* Bring the person with you that is attending the show

Only the applicant who

a) applied for the ballot

b) was a winner in the ballot will be able to gain entry to the concert.

Unless the original winning registration name and passcode match the ticket booking, the booking will be cancelled and you will be notified.

If you have sold or have given away your passcode whomever you have sold / given it to will be denied entry into the concert.

All cancelled bookings will go back into the ballot for reselection.

If you are a winner and you delayed your ticket purchase due to any confusion about who is entitled to book the tickets, as a goodwill gesture we have arranged for you to have a further 24 hours to make your booking. Your original passcode and weblink will allow you access.

This additional 24 hours starts as of 8pm GMT on the 4th October 2007.

Collection of Tickets

Tickets can be collected from the O2 Arena

Sunday 25th November - 10am - 6pm

Monday 26th November - from 10am

Led Zeppelin MOTHERSHIP Cover <http://www.ignition.co.uk/prize/images/mothership_cover.gif>

So you won a pair or won the right to buy a pair to see Led Zeppelin. Since you haven't filled your profile(like you should have,LOL), where are you located? Also have they sent you out the notice of the date of the Concert being rescheduled? I believe it got moved back to around the 10th of December. Did they also change the dates you can pick up the tickets now too? If not then that would be bad. Having to pick the tickets up 14 days prior to the actual show, what if you don't live anywhere in England?

Congrats on being able to go. Very cool.

As far as being difficult I don't see whats so hard. Bring the card you paid for the tickets with and a photo ID. That's fairly easy.
    Last edited by VinceV; 11-15-2007, 11:26 AM.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I won the right to buy a pair, and yes, the gig has been rescheduled to Dec. 10th, and the tickets can be picked up on Dec. 9th or 10th.

I live in London, so no problem, all has been taken care of, this is just an older email, but I still think the process is overkill.

Comment

congrats

you bastard
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is what it's coming to in the battle to reduce scalping. Things have gotten out of hand with online ticket sales for popular shows. They all end up getting bought up by scalpers. Parents end up shelling out a grand to take their kids to see Hanna Montana, 4 million hits (obviously pro scalpers & speculators) crash the Colorado Rockies website when they try to sell playoff tix, etc.

Comment

So... how much is a pair of tickets?

Comment

So, if we can't call this edition of Van Halen "Van Halen" because of Wolfie being in the band and not Michael, can we call this "Led Zepplin"???

Congrats to those that get to go. I wouldn't jump through those hoops for that band. Maybe back in the day when they kicked ass. But now? Hum. Gettin' kinda old. The members, not the music...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

we need a report as soon as you are back... better, bring your laptop and post from the gig!
                "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

Originally posted by MacBeth View Post
                  we need a report as soon as you are back... better, bring your laptop and post from the gig!
                  Even better...from your laptop post a live video feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    I wouldn't jump through those hoops for that band. Maybe back in the day when they kicked ass. But now? Hum. Gettin' kinda old. The members, not the music...
                    You know what they say, "you're only as old as you feel".

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Even better...from your laptop post a live video feed.
                      Sheesh, I doubt they'll even let me bring in my phone...

They'll probably have some high tech Total Recall-style body scan at the entrance!
                      Or maybe something more old school but equally effective: "please bend, sir. With or without glove?"

Comment

Working...
                      X