A7x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7x

Saw Avenged in Myrtle Beach last night. They kicked some serious ass. The openers were really good too. But the ones that struck me the most were Black Tide. Kids ranging from 14 to 18. And they looked like they had been doing it for years. Go check em out if they come your way.
    Last edited by budgolf; 11-18-2007, 04:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Were Zacky and Syn sloppy live?
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
      I saw the last tour. Didn't know anything about em but I'd heard the one song that got alot of airply on the radio. I only went and saw em cause they played so close BUT They played very well. Like I said I wasn't familiar with their stuff and after a while it all started to sound kinda the same to me(except the Pantera cover) I think the new albums pretty good. Definitely doesn't all sound the same and they seem willing to take some chances. There's even a song that sounds like Mr. Bungle, pretty cool IMO. I see alot of people don't like em cause of how they look and yeah they look kinda stupid but not half as gay as alot of 80s bands.
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

That song thats getting airplay now on the radio has a great hook
        to it. They sure can grab you with a great riff. Good stuff, and
        the vocals are NOT like Satan 4 octaves lower! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
          No not at all. The sound was mixed so that the guitars were prominent and I heard no mistakes. May have been some, but I didn't catch them. And they work the stage very well together. Much like Tipton and Downing. Really into the guitar and what they can do with it. Solos were heavy but still had a lot of melody and thought. I wondered how they would be together before the show because so many guys still shy away from that kind of guitar showmanship. But they really work well as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            That song thats getting airplay now on the radio has a great hook
            to it. They sure can grab you with a great riff. Good stuff, and
            the vocals are NOT like Satan 4 octaves lower! :ROTF:
            I know. M Shadows can sing alright when he wants to!

Comment

i love black tide in one of there song si detect a very strong mustaine vibe in the vocals

Comment

Originally posted by adio_stack View Post
                i love black tide in one of there song si detect a very strong mustaine vibe in the vocals
                Yeah, Black Tide was really good. Those kids played like they had done it for decades. Just as tight as any band I've seen. I hope they do well.

Comment

Working...
                X