Sanctuary is now Nevermore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanctuary is now Nevermore?

So I was perusing the internet and thought, hell, I'll look into one of my favorites from way back. So ended up on this page http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/sanctuary.htm

As this claims, it basically is Nevermore now?

If so, how come I don't like Nevermore and really like Sanctuary? Anyone else feel this way?

Any other places I can find more information on Sanctuary? Maybe some bio information, rare tracks, side projects etc?

Oh man! Such a coincedence. Just this morning, i was thinking of sanctuary and wanted to open a thread in their name. I LOVE sanctuary!! Into the Mirror black, i would have listened a million times and never got tired of them!

The first time I listened the album, I was reading Stephen King's "Pet cemetary" and to this day when i listen to the song "The mirror black" I get chills thinking about the part when the Doctor takes his kid up to the apache burial ground to bury
    Last edited by emperor_black; 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM.
    Sam

Comment

Warrel & Jim from Sanctuary went on to form Nevermore. So only 2 of 5 Sanctuary members are in Nevermore. Could it be that Jeff Loomis' songwriting & riffs don't do it for you?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

"Refuge Denied" is the shit...

I like them both...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I feel that Jeff's tone has changed completely since Sanctuary. Its now more darker and bassier than before.
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            Warrel & Jim from Sanctuary went on to form Nevermore. So only 2 of 5 Sanctuary members are in Nevermore. Could it be that Jeff Loomis' songwriting & riffs don't do it for you?
            It was the lead singer that turned me off, I thought anyways. But maybe it's the songwriting. I've even seen Nevermore live and picked up a couple albums, but I just can't get into it. Really strange that I feel this way knowing that the lead singers are the same.

Comment

Warrel's vocals on Sanctuary albums and Nevermore albums are completely different! Sanctuary songs have that classic old school thrash vibe both vocal & guitar wise. Nevermore is supposed to be more modern. He has a more unique style in Nevermore imo. He always seems to be trying something and he can come up with incredible vocal melodies but sometimes he just can't! Some of the songs on their latest albums suck vocalwise and some of them are just great..

Into the Mirror Black is actually one of my fav. albums and Nevermore's Dead Heart in a Dead World is one of my 3 fav. albums! I care a lot for the singing and Warrel's singing in these albums are completely different but both kick major ass!
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Cool. I'll check out Dead Heart in a Dead World to see if that is my cup of tea.

I am a thrash type guy so that could explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  I feel that Jeff's tone has changed completely since Sanctuary. Its now more darker and bassier than before.
                  What Sanctuary stuff have you heard with Jeff? He was only in the band for about the last 6 months of their existence. Refuge Denied and Into The Mirror Black had Lenny Rutledge and Sean Blosl on guitars.
                  One of them quit, and the other owns the rights to the name Sanctuary. That guitar player and the old drummer, Dave Budbill, wanted to start playing grunge since that was what was becoming popular at the time, and since they're from Seattle, they were trying to catch on with the trend. Warrell and Jim wanted to stay metal but couldn't keep the Sanctuary name and just eventually formed Nevermore.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Edit: Joe, how is it that when I'm writing something you always say the same thing first? It's getting annoying!
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hehe! Great minds think alike. :ROTF:
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        What Sanctuary stuff have you heard with Jeff? He was only in the band for about the last 6 months of their existence. Refuge Denied and Into The Mirror Black had Lenny Rutledge and Sean Blosl on guitars.
                        One of them quit, and the other owns the rights to the name Sanctuary. That guitar player and the old drummer, Dave Budbill, wanted to start playing grunge since that was what was becoming popular at the time, and since they're from Seattle, they were trying to catch on with the trend. Warrell and Jim wanted to stay metal but couldn't keep the Sanctuary name and just eventually formed Nevermore.
                        huh. I just assumed Jeff was the guitarist in both the bands. sorry about that.
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          huh. I just assumed Jeff was the guitarist in both the bands. sorry about that.
                          pays to read the thread before you post, young fella. Like where I said that only Warrel & Jim were in Sanctuary
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Sorry about that Gary. Got all excited talking about sanctuary.
                            Sam

Comment

yea, good Iron Maiden song, that
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X