Saw Motorhead last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Motorhead last night...

And it looked to me like Phil Campbell was playing a Jackson RR5..Of course, he played his Lag Explorers, the black "flame-shaped" gitar and something that LOOKED like Dean Vendettas (I guess they weren't Deans, but they had similar shapes), but I was kinda surprised to see the guy with a V..

The band kicked so much ass - and it's always amazing to see such old dudes giving a such high energy show!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Cool! My friend Bjørn was at that show. He was disappointed there was no Bomber or Orgasmatron.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Ah, cool! No, there was no Bomber or Orgasmatron, but they did play Iron fist, and Rosalie by Thin Lizzy - which came as a very pleasant surprise..Lemmy actually introduced the song with:"This is a song by the band Thin Lizzy and a good friend of mine, Phil Lynott. Do you know him? He was a tall, black man with a big afro!? Well, he was a good friend of mine, and he was a good friend of all of you as well..", and then they kicked in to "Rosalie"..

Comment

Motorhead is such an amazing band to see live

Comment

Motorhead are the kings of Hendrix inspired hard rock n roll.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I was there too, and I was also (pleasantly) surprised to see Phil coming onstage with a RR5

and I agree, their Rosalie version was very good! my other personal highlight was In The Name of Tragedy...that song is fucking awesome.

Lemmy looked a little tired, but his playing was good. Mikkey Dee was fucking awesome

Comment

Yup, Mikkey's drum solo was amazing!!

Comment

Saw them a cpl years ago, and fuck we're they LOUD!!
                I love admins!

Comment

what kind of amp was phil using? I saw them in a small club years ago, and i believe he was playing Engls. One of the best live guitar sounds i'd ever heard

Comment

I've been looking at Phils amps the last couple of Motorhead-gigs I've been at, just because I heard he was playing Engls, but he's been using Marshalls both times..(Well, all the amps I saw on stage were Marshalls anyway..)

Comment

Awesome, i wish they'd come to canada on some super dream tour with several bands uniquely chosen by me, am i right?
                      DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
                        I was there too, and I was also (pleasantly) surprised to see Phil coming onstage with a RR5

and I agree, their Rosalie version was very good! my other personal highlight was In The Name of Tragedy...that song is fucking awesome.

Lemmy looked a little tired, but his playing was good. Mikkey Dee was fucking awesome
                        Of course Lemmy looked a little tired, if anybody's allowed to it's him!

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                          Ah, cool! No, there was no Bomber or Orgasmatron, but they did play Iron fist, and Rosalie by Thin Lizzy - which came as a very pleasant surprise..Lemmy actually introduced the song with:"This is a song by the band Thin Lizzy and a good friend of mine, Phil Lynott. Do you know him? He was a tall, black man with a big afro!? Well, he was a good friend of mine, and he was a good friend of all of you as well..", and then they kicked in to "Rosalie"..
                          Rosalie? Wow, that's an odd choice, I think. I think I'd really like to hear them do Massacre. Supersuckers do a pretty cool Jailbreak.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

My favorite quote from the movie Airheads, when they are trying to flush out an undercover fed: "Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy, or God?". the dude says "Lemmy!". Steve Buscemi says "Aaaah! (gameshow buzzer noise) Lemmy IS God!!! He's a cop!!!"....

Priceless......
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

You're certainly right about that Morten

Why'd you think Rosalie was an odd choice, mr. Rx2k?
                              If you think about it, there's not a shitload of great TL songs to be pulled off with only one guitar player now is there?

Only thing odd about it is that it's originally Bob Seger's song and not Phil's, but of course his version made it famous (and sounds alot better methinks)

Comment

Working...
                              X