Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Caffery - Trans Siberian - No Jacksons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Caffery - Trans Siberian - No Jacksons??

Saw Trans in Philly - Looked like Chris was playing mostly Deans out there. Didnt see 1 Jackson V. - why not?
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

TSO rules...say it ain't so.

Comment

He moved over to Dean about 6 months ago. Not sure why as he seemed very happy with Jackson just after NAMM....

Comment

I have worked with him on his solo tours since 2005 and with and Doro in 2007... The Jacksons have been getting less rotation, and the 3 HB Les Paul and the Dean Caddilac (sp??) got quite the workout on the 2007 US/Canada tour. IIRC, I think the White Vee was his "B" tuning. The natural Vee needs some major work.. I didn't get my hands on it after his other (TSO) tech worked on it, but it was not usable for the Doro tour
        IMO, it was a combination of things... including sound, playability and a few other things ...
        Last edited by Wayniac; 12-10-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

And to make things sadder, there will basically be no Jacksons with TSO this year, as Angus Clark of the west tour broke his when he took a fall during a show about a week ago

Comment

Saw them in Youngstown for the opening shows of this year's tour. Unfortunately, Chris was playing Deans, no Jacksons this year. His Rhoads' were so much cooler looking on previous tours. I wish he'd ditch the Deans and go back to the Jacksons. two years ago he had 4 different Rhoads' if I recall correctly. This year the only Jackson I saw was on a couple songs there was a third guitar player, don't know his name, who played one. Alex Skolnik had Les Pauls and I think a GMP.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

The Cadillac (sp?? lol) had real hot pickups - sounded real good and played pretty nice, but the nut on it SUCKED. We had probs with it the entire tour.. I suggested a change, but he did not want it done.
              I think 2 yrs ago he had the White Vee w/ pinstripes, the wood Rhoads, the Sunburst Rhoads, a Peavey Rotor, a Peavey "strat" and his Les paul.
              The "other" guy I think is Steve Broderick (i did not go to the show this year)
              Did not know about Angus' guitar - that blows !

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                The "other" guy I think is Steve Broderick (i did not go to the show this year)
                Did not know about Angus' guitar - that blows !
                That threw me off. Chris has gone up on the lift with Dave Z for at least the last 3 shows I have seen them at at the end, then he went up with someone else. We were right next to the lift this year in Philly, and it was not Dave Z for sure, and looked more like Steve from the pics I saw of him in the tour book. He was playing an LP. And who ever it was, also came out on the first song playing. I think Steve only sings "Old City Bar" so maybe they are giving him more stage time since Dave is always on???? I had shown Chris several ideas last summer about putting a wizzard on a Peavey or Dean and then my mom passed and money was tight so I didnt do one for me and him. Then, I see he had one at the show.....

Comment

I know last year Steve came out with a Jackson. He has been there for a while - would make sense for him to get more stage time...
                  Dave Z left... there IS a new bassist. Not sure of his name, but I think Chris posted on his board

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                    I know last year Steve came out with a Jackson. He has been there for a while - would make sense for him to get more stage time...
                    Dave Z left... there IS a new bassist. Not sure of his name, but I think Chris posted on his board
                    Guess you are right - I looked at a few You Tube videos when Chris does the intros and the bass player is not Dave, man, same hair, same look.....
                    Last edited by BGWwebguy; 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                      And to make things sadder, there will basically be no Jacksons with TSO this year, as Angus Clark of the west tour broke his when he took a fall during a show about a week ago
                      I didn't hear about that. Wow!

In Chicago, there was one solitary Jackson on stage. It was played by Paul O'Neil himself. I was disappointed that there aren't any. When I first met Angus, he mentioned that Paul wanted at least one player on each tour to have a Charvel or Jackson, kind of an homage to Criss Oliva.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky -
                        yep - i was told that as well... sad if they have forgotten that...

BTW - looks like the new bassist is a Chris as well. from Caffery's page:

Chris A. sounded great on bass. We had rehearsed a bunch of times with him before when Dave had ZO2 shows out of the city so we all knew what he could do. He is so excited to play, I love watching the smile on his face. It is great to see someone who sat in the wings and worked so hard finallt get his chance to be onstage with us. I think you will all be very happy with him!

Comment

"Silk and Steel" is still being played while everyone is filing out of the arena though.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

From some of Chris's diary info he said that the Deans are the best playing guitars he has ever played, period. He did not say why he left Jackson, just that it was time for a change. If I had to venture a guess, he has been playing the same rigs for quite a few years and I am sure they are getting pretty worn. Knowing the "Great" endorsements FMIC is giving, it was probably just time for new gear and he had to look somewhere else. At least he went with Dean and not ESP. The first year I got to see TSO was the last year that his RR with the Santa on the top wing made an appearance. I'm glad I at least got to see it once, because a lot of fans have only ever seen it in pictures.

The other guitarist is Steve Broderick, he always came on stage to play the third guitar part during "Christmas Eve Sarajevo", and I think a few songs off to the side of the stage. He also sings Old City Bar. But I never saw him playing a Jackson, always a B.C. Rich. He also did some studio work on some of Chris's solo work.

Comment

I saw TSO in Chicago about a week ago. I sat 12th row. I didn't see any Jackson's either. I was impressed with Chris' tone though. Does anyone know what his rig consists of?

Comment

Working...
                              X