Dazed And Confused
    Stairway To Heaven
    The Song Remains The Same
    Misty Mountain Hop
    Kashmir

Encore:
    Whole Lotta Love
    Rock And Roll

Now my impressions: call me blasphemous, but I was a bit underwhelmed. I guess 30 years of sonic overexposure, of remasters, reissues, "out of the vault" gigs etc. left me with a huge body of work which, at least for me, has already defined Led Zep, and last night's gig wasn't their best.

Plant sang well, but he simply can't hit the high notes anymore. Several songs felt like they have been transposed a few tones below, and some of the trademark high pitch bits were left to the audience (like the a ha in Black Dog).
    Page was in good form but his tone was just ok: he did play his #1 LP extensively (or at least what looked like a faithful replica), he switched often to other LP reissues, he pulled out what looked like a natural finish L5 hollowbody to play slide in In my Time..., and of course the wine red doubleneck for Stairway.
    JPJ was simply fantastic, an amazing concentrate of technique, power and groove on bass, and just perfect on keyboards.
    Jason Bonham obviously had the biggest shoes in the biz to fill: he's got his dad's power and energy but he lacks his finesse, but he did a good job.

The stage was simple and plain, which I like, with a huge screen at the back and a "spider" shaped light rig above, which would go up and down on occasions.
    Only concession to theatrics, there was a sort of a "laser box" surrounding Page during his violin bow spot in D&C.

I had VERY good seats, sitting stage right (or left, depending on the point of view) just above Page, and rubbing elbows with Marylin Manson and his new chick (very pretty, very young and dressed up like a 1930's schoolgirl).

All in all, I'm glad I was part of a truly unique event in music history, I'll cherish the memory for what it was, and when I feel like listening to the music, I'll go back to the remasters!

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
    I had VERY good seats, sitting stage right (or left, depending on the point of view) just above Page, and rubbing elbows with Marylin Manson and his new chick (very pretty, very young and dressed up like a 1930's schoolgirl).
    And what was his other half wearing?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
      zing! point for shobet! :ROTF:

Too bad about Page's tone... I'm much more critical of sound engineers than musicians, so I'd blame the engineer. I'm just glad to hear JPJ can still throw down with LZ.

Comment

I've watched a couple of songs that have made it online already and Page's lead playing was really poor at times. Especially during Stairway. I actually thought Plants vocals sounded better in the lower registers and different keys than the album versions. Much more dramatic and atmospheric. JPJ's keys were awesome. I'm not a fan of Zeppelin, but these bootlegs were pretty damn good aside from Page. Very cool that you got to witness this event live. Historical concert, for sure.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I actually got chills watching some of the Led Zep clips from last night.

Sure, its not a perfect studio like replay, but what live shows are, and given their age, time off, Page's injury, it was still awesome to see them up there doing it.

Kashmir....

December 10th 2007 London, UK.First live video of famed London concert, first live video of Zeppelin performance in 30 years. Phenomenal performance, best of...
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

One off show my arse. Rumour has it that there's a world tour next year. Apparently a rather refreshed Ian Astbury of The Cult announced whilst on stage recently that The Cult had signed on as the support band on the forthcoming Led Zep. world tour for 2008, or was he so off his tits that he dreamed it all?

Hmm I wonder if that foot in mouth moment will cost them that slot...
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              Ask and you shall receive!
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Too bad Page didn't play with his Danelectro on In My Time Of Dying....
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

she looks somewhat innocent there, but I'll bet she gets all kinds of superfreaky in the sack
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Congrat on being at such a concert. I'm a bit envious...

Give Plant a break. He's getting older. So what if he can't hit all the high notes. Just be glad he's still around to hit any notes at all...

Page is still the man. He's strength is not in his guitar playing, it's in his writing. Always has been. It must have been somthing to see him side by side with JPJ again...

From what I read, Jason stole the show...

Glad you had a great time...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I knew that JPJ is gonna be awesome, he always brings his a game
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Page's live tone always left a lot to be desired. He really needs to get a Tube Screamer or something to beef up his lead sound.

But I still wish I'd been there last night, I love Zep.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

There going to make a DVD of the concert. Read....

Eddie Trunk is a seasoned radio personality, talk show host, and author, he has dominated the hard rock and heavy metal scene with his electrifying shows, including the legendary That Metal Show and Eddie Trunk Rocks.
                          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                          custom made Les Paul
                          VOX Tonelab LE
                          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                          ADA MP1
                          BBE 422A
                          Lexicon MPX-G2
                          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                          Support Your Local 81

Comment