No announcement yet.

Zakk made a pretty good quote...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. The video that Metal Mania on VH1 Classic of a live performance of Bark at the Moon (explained more thoroughly for those who live in a cave) is ruined by Zakk's over-use of pinch harmonics. Although someone pointed out to me that they felt that Jake ruined Crazy train with his muting everything.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
      Hi, I don't mean to bash you, but your playing is boring, you're singing is lifeless and you're a lazy lush.

Yeah, he's boring in the Ozzy context. I like his chicken pickin'.
      He used to do his "chicken pickin", but he hasn't done that in years on record. He may still do some live.

I'm not that big on him anymore because all his solos are sounding the same, he over uses the same licks.

My thoughts on it.

J.

Comment

"Hi, I'm Zakk and I squeal like a pig!"
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          People have their favorite guitarist amd I never uinderstood why people get upset...Randy and Yngwie are my main two guys...I really could care less if anyone else loves or hates them.
          I betcha that little Randy fella woulda looked cute in a dress, with some ribbon in his hair, sitting on Ozzy's lap.

I like Zakk, although his "image" is getting waaaay old. He can play the hell out of his guitar and his tone/playing on "No More Tears" was completely righteous...unreal actually. When he turned into a Southern Fried Biker it drove me nuts. I saw him on his first tour with Ozz and he was insanely good...cool image, played great and a blast to watch. A few tours later and he smells like a porta potty and he's spitting in his own hair, wearing BLS "colors" - FUKKK OFFF! Wear those "colors" to Sturgis bitch and you'll be running to the Goodwill for a new image.

Don't get me started on the pinch harmonic thing...
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
            Read "Off the Rails" by Rudy Sarzo... According to that book, Randy had made a deal with Ozzy to do the "Speak of the Devil" album and one more album and then he was out of the band. (Randy wasn't keen on playing Sabbath tunes at the end of the set, let alone an entire album of them) Randy's plans were to go back to school and work on becoming a studio musician. From there I think it was anyone's guess.
            Jeah i did read that Randy was interested in classical guitar and took lessons anywhere any time. He was leavin Oz several times to pursue that but Oz convinced him to stay and we know the result of that.
            R.I.P. RANDY
            Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
            Jackson "Phobia" King-V
            BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
            SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
            Laney TF300
            Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
              I betcha that little Randy fella woulda looked cute in a dress, with some ribbon in his hair, sitting on Ozzy's lap.

I like Zakk, although his "image" is getting waaaay old. He can play the hell out of his guitar and his tone/playing on "No More Tears" was completely righteous...unreal actually. When he turned into a Southern Fried Biker it drove me nuts. I saw him on his first tour with Ozz and he was insanely good...cool image, played great and a blast to watch. A few tours later and he smells like a porta potty and he's spitting in his own hair, wearing BLS "colors" - FUKKK OFFF! Wear those "colors" to Sturgis bitch and you'll be running to the Goodwill for a new image.

When Zakk was in Helsinki he spitted on me!!! How cool was that.
              Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
              Jackson "Phobia" King-V
              BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
              SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
              Laney TF300
              Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

"Southern Fried Biker" I like that.
                He may try to look and act like a badass, but he's still Sharon's little bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post

I agree with the "No More Tears"... he was a monster on that...
                  it has gone downhill since. I was lucky to see him on that tour..and
                  he was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    He may try to look and act like a badass, but he's still Sharon's little bitch...
                    +10000000
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Honestly I like Zakks playing for BLS, I think it suits, it. BLS is more of a rock/ Metal Band, the're not nuts hair metal or Crazy Shred. He honestly doesn't get near enough credit though, he uses ALOT more then just the penatonic, and he knows ALOT of theory, he's quite versatile.

Jake has got to be one of the most mechanically shredders I've ever heard outside of John Petrucci.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        I agree with the "No More Tears"... he was a monster on that...
                        it has gone downhill since. I was lucky to see him on that tour..and
                        he was amazing.
                        +1, No More Tears is my favourite album with Zakk.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          I like where his head is at! When commenting about his GMW PolkaDot
                          RR custom...he said "it keeps you humble man"... Never forget no matter
                          how famous you get...remember where you came from"... "I say to myself...
                          "Hey asshole... you aint as good as Randy yet, so get to practicing" !!
                          Nice to see some refreshing humility once in awhile.
                          That is a really cool quote

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                            +1, No More Tears is my favourite album with Zakk.
                            Hellraiser is amazing.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

Zakk Wylde is great at what he does. For what he lacks and doesn't do, there are plenty other guitarists.
                              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
                              X